Truma heater thermostat problems

Mines unplugged from boiler in cupboard then I managed to ease the harness out still attached to the rts .think a half hour did it barry £30 I think it was total .never gave any hassle after it
hope it's the same for you
no panels stripped but I did have a lace tapped onto old wire to pull the new wires in and rts just push fit

Gordon how did you fit it , did you have to pull panels apart OR did you just pull the sencer out with wires connected then push new one? Bazz
Looks to be a push fit in, Barry, and 2 push fit terminals to reconnect [based on the photos on Jackson's website!]

Steve

yes i would go with pulling out gently then remember which cable goes to which side then replace should only be low voltage so you wont get a shock
These are the sort of 'Idiot's Guide Information' that idiots like me need, when we have to replace electrical items!

Steve

yes i would go with pulling out gently then remember which cable goes to which side then replace should only be low voltage so you wont get a shock
Can he prove you wrong if he puts the wires on his tongue, you know what Baz can be like? 😂😂😂😂

Only joking Baz but you could try it for future reference 😜

Have you tried closing the nearby external microwave vent temporaly to see if this changes things ?
Alec.

Have you tried closing the nearby external microwave vent temporaly to see if this changes things ?
Alec.
I did not with the advice I got on here it confermed my suspicions, that rts is the culprit , new one should land any day .bazz

I did not with the advice I got on here it confermed my suspicions, that rts is the culprit , new one should land any day .bazz
Barry, it would be useful to know how long the Delivery takes, because the '1-2 days' per the website might be a tad optimistic!

Steve

yes but he is not based in scotland lol
But the website doesn't say 'Delivery in 1-2 days, except in Scotland ...' :D :D . Deliveries normally arrive within 1-2 days but I wondered whether there might be a delay, especially if Jacksons use Royal Mail, and the RTS is small enough to be popped inside an envelope ...

Steve

But the website doesn't say 'Delivery in 1-2 days, except in Scotland ...' :D :D . Deliveries normally arrive within 1-2 days but I wondered whether there might be a delay, especially if Jacksons use Royal Mail, and the RTS is small enough to be popped inside an envelope ...

Steve
An item I bought on Thursday last week and paid next working day DPD delivery hasn’t arrived yet so don’t knock Royal Mail too much lol
Tracking shows it was at Leeds 10am Friday morning which is only an hours drive away, ho hum

An item I bought on Thursday last week and paid next working day DPD delivery hasn’t arrived yet so don’t knock Royal Mail too much lol
Tracking shows it was at Leeds 10am Friday morning which is only an hours drive away, ho hum
I wasn't knocking Royal Mail, Neil, I was thinking about the current strikes and the impact on deliveries, but I omitted to make specific reference to the strikes. A classic 'I knew what I meant when I typed it, so my brain didn't see the need to insert clarifying text' OR Old Gitdom strikes again ... :D . The only thing that isn't a Lottery at present is the Lottery, because I know that I won't win that [but I could improve my chances by buying a ticket ....]

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back