Truma heater thermostat problems

If it is that sensor, which caused me some grief last year, you can prove it by running the heating with that disconnected. The fan will run at full speed or very near it and change when you reconnect it.

From memory it was about £28 to replace.

Cheers

H
Hi Mr H,

I hope you're doing okay, just a quick question, I don't have the fancy inet ready controller like Baz just a simple rotary knob with numbers 1-10 so if I wanted to try your test procedure would I need to set the dial to any particular number? Or will the fan go full speed regardless of the setting used?

Regards,
Del

Not sure Del, but I would guess that if the controller is calling for heat it wouldn't matter where it is set, just maybe not at the bottom end.

On ours it is two yellow wires between the thermistor and the control board so I don't think polarity comes into it. It really is a case of which end of the job is easiest to get at. Ours controller is same as yours I think, circa 2005/6.

Hope you two are keeping well and maybe see you sometime at a meeting of the liver appreciation society.

Cheers

H

Not sure Del, but I would guess that if the controller is calling for heat it wouldn't matter where it is set, just maybe not at the bottom end.

On ours it is two yellow wires between the thermistor and the control board so I don't think polarity comes into it. It really is a case of which end of the job is easiest to get at. Ours controller is same as yours I think, circa 2005/6.

Hope you two are keeping well and maybe see you sometime at a meeting of the liver appreciation society.

Cheers

H
Cheers H, we're okay thanks, maybe we'll get to see in a field somewhere (y)

Regards,
Del

Thanks for advice , new thermostat fitted and all seems to be working ,only problem was the wires were too short and pulled of the thermostat on removel so had to do a bit of dismantling , re drilled the thermostat hole closer to wiring job done .

That is a good result Barry.

It seems that this is a very common problem then. I wonder how many boilers have been changed when this has been the problem.

Cheers

H

That is a good result Barry.

It seems that this is a very common problem then. I wonder how many boilers have been changed when this has been the problem.

Cheers

H
Harold I was quoted 2500£ for a boiler lab etc for my old b544 and it was a guy in fife who pointed me this route and I've passed this on to a few other folks and it's solved theirs all around£30 nae difference eh

Harold I was quoted 2500£ for a boiler lab etc for my old b544 and it was a guy in fife who pointed me this route and I've passed this on to a few other folks and it's solved theirs all around£30 nae difference eh
I had a similar price quoted for replacing ours Gordon. Couldn't believe how simple the fix was in the end and I stumbled across it after a couple of weeks of head scratching.

This link was quite useful and I put my result on it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hogmanay

Cheers

H

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back