Truma heater thermostat problems

Technical update re the Truma Room Thermostat. I bought one in Spain yesterday and the Workshop owner, Ramon/Tambo, said there are no polarity issues to worry about. 'Ease the old RTS out of the push fit with a kitchen knife (he knows I'm not technically minded ...) and then connect the terminals to the new RTS'

Might try cleaning any dust and muck out of the existing RTS first. My problem seems to be the opposite to Barry's.

The Truma Control Panel is set to 18 or 19 degrees and the Van feels chilly so I have to increase the temperature setting to 21 or 22 to get the heater to fire up (but it will kick in at the lower setting of 13 degrees for overnight!)

Finally, about 10 days ago, the Truma Control Panel displayed a 'Setting beyond normal parameters' message, which The Truma Manual says should 'self heal' (which it has, at least, the error message has disappeared, but the need to raise the temperature setting to get the heater to fire up remains).

I'll try to post an update after I've had chance to play with the old RTS

Steve

Changed the RTS without too much bother. I got a Truma Error Message when I removed the old RTS, basically asking who's nicked the RTS? Connecting the new RTS' solved the Error Message problem. The old RTS seems to work, but is a wee bit sluggish to call for heat. I had to increase the temperature setting to 22 degrees this afternoon to get it to work (on a day when my Solar Panel produced 490Wh in Winter!), whereas the new Version was quicker to respond and was happy to fire up at 19 or 20 degrees. I'll keep the old RTS as an emergency spare, on the basis that an old slow RTS is better than no RTS. Picture is of the old RTS prior to removal

Steve

PXL_20231221_135507148.jpg

These things do seem to be an Achilles heel for the Truma system. I think Gordon had grief with one and I was given the run around by one a couple of years ago. They are quite easily changed and mine was about £25 from memory. I'd advise anyone having trouble with the heating being unreliable to start by changing it.

Glad you're sorted.

Cheers

H

These things do seem to be an Achilles heel for the Truma system. I think Gordon had grief with one and I was given the run around by one a couple of years ago. They are quite easily changed and mine was about £25 from memory. I'd advise anyone having trouble with the heating being unreliable to start by changing it.

Glad you're sorted.

Cheers

H
Spot on on h I did have issues goid memory mate

Giving it good clean and removing dust may help ,worth a try before ordering parts ,just clip out the centre and clean ,photo dose look dusty inside

Giving it good clean and removing dust may help ,worth a try before ordering parts ,just clip out the centre and clean ,photo dose look dusty inside
Not dust, Baz; it's the reflection from the metallic gold control Panel that's discolouring the photo on the lh side as we look at it. Wasted 2 cotton wool buds proving it was clean!

System fired up this morning OK at 18 degrees temperature setting, so fingers crossed

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back