Two watering cans

QFour

Two watering cans

We carry two watering cans with us and use them to fill up with water. You get some funny looks sometimes but they work for us. Anyone else use watering cans?

Froodie;n3717 said:
We carry two watering cans with us and use them to fill up with water. You get some funny looks sometimes but they work for us. Anyone else use watering cans?

Ditto,2x10 litre B@Q specials with removable spouts,fortunately I've got plenty of room in the garage to store them.Who cares if you get funny looks when they work well.I find carrying 2 full watering cans easier than 1 as they balance each other out.

Yes
Been doing it for 30 years from trailer tent to caravans and motorhomes.
Found it easier than messing around with the aquaroll just topped it up then got a sensible caravan with an internal tank.

Note to self must purchase a watering can.?

dont have space for watering cans....................our water is collected iand stored in one or two plastic 5 pint milk containers......hence very economical with the water.

we carry 2 ten litre containers for this purpose
they have an advantage over w/cans - they have lids, so can be stored full of water

*****;n3793 said:
We also carry 3 x 10 litre and 2 x 5 litre and an empty 25 litre for filling when we think we might not get water for 5 days. Our tank is also another 100litres or more.
Water is life support!
exactly,wild camping is all about water- so if i had room for a couple of empties ,i'd make sure they were fillable. once we're on the move , we fill water and empty juice bottles . we even fill the kettle and put it in the sink

mr brown;n3796 said:
exactly,wild camping is all about water- so if i had room for a couple of empties ,i'd make sure they were fillable. once we're on the move , we fill water and empty juice bottles . we even fill the kettle and put it in the sink

Same here and the dog bowl and have even kept the watering cans half full !
Thats where I liked the Winnebago as t carried 250 litres and I kept another 80 litres in the boot !

having travelled for years with up to 4 kids, it's not so much how much you carry,more a case of always topping up when you get an opportunity-even if it's cold and rainy . and it' only a few litres !

mr brown;n3820 said:
having travelled for years with up to 4 kids, it's not so much how much you carry,more a case of always topping up when you get an opportunity-even if it's cold and rainy . and it' only a few litres !

Yes we always topped up if it was available as the old argument about not traveling with the extra weight is a total joke to me .
water is actually quite hard to find in certain places so the more you have the better in my world

We carry a couple of 10 litre containers that can fold up if not in use, nowhere to store a watering can!

We use a 10ltr water bottle with cap and pouring spout, so as useful as a watering can but with the advantage of being able to carry extra when your tank is full.

Annie there are enough of us that have watering cans it alright for those that carry two and can use them do have one floating round in van will have look next time iat tesscos think they where down to 50 p wellthat waswhat mine cost me at end of season sell off

Last edited:
Froodie;n3717 said:

Why have I never considered this! Carrying two would make it easier, I need to buy another one.

Phillybarbour;n3939 said:
Why have I never considered this! Carrying two would make it easier, I need to buy another one.

I use one at the moment.

I can't believe I didn't think of using two either!

Yes but those of us with 2 watering cans will miss seeing the people walking around looking like they have a bad case of piles as they waddle along :Wink_Emoji:

*****;n3954 said:
We carry and use one! A second would take up too much valuable storage room.
When I walk to the tap, I carry the can and one of our 10 litre containers, and when filling the van, I simply pour the water from the container into the watering can. Takes seconds!
I also carry two buckets, one fits within the other, we use two for things like washing and rinsing clothing, and for when I am messing about.
I also carry two smaller buckets, these are useful for when the drain pipe is too low to fit a full size bucket under.
They all store within one bucket!

Someone is showing off - 4 buckets and a water container I need to start saving up.

We use a watering can but mine is collapsible so I can stuff it in my gas locker. Also have a collapsible bucket for grey water disposal , saves loads of space.

saxonborg;n3967 said:
We use a watering can but mine is collapsible so I can stuff it in my gas locker. Also have a collapsible bucket for grey water disposal , saves loads of space.

You have a collapsible one, brilliant never seen one where did you get it. We only use one watering can at present but a collapsible one would be great.

I have a much better solution! :cool: You need a scooter though. :frown:

I have a 25 litre plastic (food grade) carrier and two smaller 5 litre carriers. The two 5 litre carriers (those 5 litre plastic water bottles you can buy in supermarkets will do) go under the seat and in the top box and I strap the 25 litre carrier on the back with bungies. When wilding or on an Aire where the tap is miles away it makes life easier. Ive been known to go off miles for water (Which I quite enjoy oddly :rolleyes:). We then just either fill the tank internally or use them for drinking. Two to three runs can fill an empty van.

As the bike is a step through with a flat foot plate I can also carry a full Thetford. This however can end in tears as ours is that great big long one and if its over full it leaks :eek: so I stick it in a bin liner. Its also wedged between your knees and does have the possibility of it all going wrong and the lot going flying down the road. :biggrin: So far thats not happened but Ive felt fellow motorhomers willing it all to go badly wrong. :biggrin:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back