Two watering cans

:Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:
barryd;n4079 said:
I have a much better solution! :cool: You need a scooter though. :frown:

I have a 25 litre plastic (food grade) carrier and two smaller 5 litre carriers. The two 5 litre carriers (those 5 litre plastic water bottles you can buy in supermarkets will do) go under the seat and in the top box and I strap the 25 litre carrier on the back with bungies. When wilding or on an Aire where the tap is miles away it makes life easier. Ive been known to go off miles for water (Which I quite enjoy oddly :rolleyes:). We then just either fill the tank internally or use them for drinking. Two to three runs can fill an empty van.

As the bike is a step through with a flat foot plate I can also carry a full Thetford. This however can end in tears as ours is that great big long one and if its over full it leaks :eek: so I stick it in a bin liner. Its also wedged between your knees and does have the possibility of it all going wrong and the lot going flying down the road. :biggrin: So far thats not happened but Ive felt fellow motorhomers willing it all to go badly wrong. :biggrin:

I am willing it to all go wrong from here but would really prefer it to go wrong when you are taking the toilet cassette :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

Banned member;n4088 said:
:Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

I am willing it to all go wrong from here but would really prefer it to go wrong when you are taking the toilet cassette :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

Yeah the toilet cassette is definitely the one most likely to go wrong or maybe fall foul of plod with as its not very safe. Furthest ive taken it is about four miles in France down some back roads which was fine but I once took it three miles down a busy four lane road to a big town in Germany and knowing what the German Environmental Mafia are like if had gone tits up there or I got a tug from the rozzers I reckon they would have thrown away the key. The water carrier is safe as houses though. I even carry the entire Kayak kit on the back using the same method.

A Carry Freedom trailer (or similar) (https://carryfreedom.com/) might be an elegant solution for transporting a toilet cassette or kayak by bike without incurring the wrath of the rozzers. Lightweight and compact to store, although they are fairly pricey!

Forget the freedom trailer I'm going to get me 2 of them watering cans I find myself having watering can envy.????

Campervanannie;n4131 said:
Forget the freedom trailer I'm going to get me 2 of them watering cans I find myself having watering can envy.????

Your time would be better spent trying to get a log in front of that scooter loaded up with toilet waste :Slightly_Smiling_Fa

I had thought of hiring out the scooter at meets as the toilet cassettes fit perfect in the rear basket so for a couple of quid they can drive to the dump point lol

Yes your right they can carry their own fcuking sh!t ? to the dump.????

GeoffL;n4102 said:
A Carry Freedom trailer (or similar) (https://carryfreedom.com/) might be an elegant solution for transporting a toilet cassette or kayak by bike without incurring the wrath of the rozzers. Lightweight and compact to store, although they are fairly pricey!

I dont know if that would be legal on a scooter though.

I should have pointed out that the Kayak is a Sevylor Maddison inflatable. Oars, boat etc all go on the back of the bike. Seems pretty safe. Dont know if its legal but I would happily drive twenty miles with it on no bother.

kayak_bike.jpg

As for taking other peoples Thetfords. I have done that for some less mobile friends in the Lakes when the emptying point was three fields away. Its only Sh!t :biggrin:

Makzine;n3992 said:
You have a collapsible one, brilliant never seen one where did you get it. We only use one watering can at present but a collapsible one would be great.

Colapz make the watering can which can also be used as a bucket however it is better to have a silicon collapsible bucket as a seperate entity as we use it for grey water. If you look on fleabay you will find both at reasonable prices, I think either Aldi or Lidl have had the bucket on offer at some point this year. I think GoOutdoors also have range of collapsible products under the name “Outwell”. Hope this helps.

When I saw the thread title I thought we had a Native American new member who was introducing himself

I carry two 5ltr water bottles because I can remove the cap on the top of the tank easily

One 6 lit watering can with a short length of hose ( around 6") to prevent spillage at the filling point on our van.

we also carry a 15 lit collapsible water container for areas where water is hard to come by... Like anywhere the locals are on meters, and Anglesey for some reason?

we get two easy days of water from our on board tank ( drink bottled water -Tescos 17p for 2 lit ) or three if we are really careful, the collapsible gives us another careful day at a push. We have in the past put water in our tanks from a stream on Mull - don't drink it remember, but have also been known to put Tescos bottled water into our tanks for showers etc... So ten lit required for two showers so that's five bottles at 17p = 85p... Got to be worth it. Tbh it's worth it just to see the faces on people watching me pour bottled water into the filler on the van

as said above, when wilding it's ALL about water, clean or waste.

k ?

Tezza33;n4163 said:
When I saw the thread title I thought we had a Native American new member who was introducing himself
man who walk with water decided not to join.✋how

I had a water can in the caravans all the time but never had the need to with the motorhome.

We only use watering cans too.By the time you have messed about with a hose pipe I can have the water filled up.:cool:

I use an Aqua-rol and a 12v immersible water pump, makes it easy to transfer into the onboard tank. Aqua-rol also acts as extra storage too. Also carried is a collapsible watering can andc a 20 ft hose. I find this covers all eventualities.

We only carry a food grade hose 25m. as to fill the tank would take 10 trips with a watering can!! Also carry 3 x 5litre spring water containers for stand by use.

I tend to use 8 litre rectangular water containers sold in loads of supermarkets in Europe. Unlike the round 5 litre ones in the UK with the little plastic handle that breaks off after a couple of months, these have a large handle that is comfortable to carry.
Before heading home, to sterilise these:tongue:, I fill these with Soberano brandy at 6 euros/litre. Saves payload with these heavy glass bottles and decant these when arriving home.
Also carry a basin and two buckets to empty grey water tank as spout is too low to put a bucket under.
I have about 3 different bits of hoses from about 6 - 30 metres and enough couplings to cater for all sizes. Also have an electric point beside filler for a little submersible pump but require my 20 litre container with a big enough cap to take the pump.
Cheers,
Alan

We have 2 watering cans but her indoors was complaining about how hard it was to carry the 2 of them so I helpfully commented that it would be easier if she made 2 journeys...........that's when the fight started.....:b0230:

We have two watering cans which fit nicely on the footwell of our scooter..

When wild camping at the side of the river Ebro where we go fishing for 8/9 weeks at a time, the nearest water non potable unfortunately is 3.1 miles so 6.2 miles round trip and it takes 9 trips to fill the van from empty 55.8 miles total, sounds a pain in the bum but the trip down the side of the river with deer running around and Griffin vultures overhead is a pleasure, never mind other fishermen who have travelled from the UK who want to talk about how the fishing is, this is OK as they buy lots of bait from the fishing tackle shop in Mequinenza, then find they don't need it all so they give it to us.. Result.

Fresh water we buy in bottles from the village.

ray.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back