Weather Report..................

Tha
Sunny in Devon :)

That's odd.
It's sunny in Hertfordshire too. In fact it's a spectacular autumnal morning.
So I'll.......
.....er.......
.....I'll........
...well, how to put this.........
........I'll........
........yep...........
Go for a bike ride.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

mighty cold.....brrrr......nice and bright and sunny tho.....quite a bit of heat in the sun coming thru kitchen window..........mighty cold out of the sun...............forecast says sunny and cod for next few days.............happy days

Muggy.
Cloudy.
16 degrees.
Breakfast , stoicly , outdoors.
Gypsy market today
I suppose we'll just have to go , trying find winter clothing for our UK trip.
Then I suppose we'll have to meet friends and neighbors, eat Chicken Piri Piri , drink rough red wine and lurch the 200 metres back home .
Somebody has to do it..!

Al gone to plan.. It's a tough life.
2 hour Wrinkly party sitting outdoors. Management now on Siesta.
Only complaint was that the wind was wrong, failing to blow the BBQ smoke into our eyes. It's unusual not to stagger home with red, watery eyes, runny nose and needing an instant shower.

Talking of which.. it's clouded over, there's a hint of precipitation, ( not forecast ).
I'll just have to put some clothes on and go indoors, unless it improves.

Muggy.
Cloudy.
16 degrees.
Breakfast , stoicly , outdoors.
Gypsy market today
I suppose we'll just have to go , trying find winter clothing for our UK trip.
Then I suppose we'll have to meet friends and neighbors, eat Chicken Piri Piri , drink rough red wine and lurch the 200 metres back home .
Somebody has to do it..!
It's a hard life but if you didn't do it some poor other old sod would have to do it.
Keep up the comunity work.

Tha

That's odd.
It's sunny in Hertfordshire too. In fact it's a spectacular autumnal morning.
So I'll.......
.....er.......
.....I'll........
...well, how to put this.........
........I'll........
........yep...........
Go for a bike ride.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

....... the bike ride took me to St Albans where I joined Jane for a drive up and onto Dunstable Downs. The view across the low laying villages to the north from the escarpment was gorgeous with plenty of kites, gliders and paragliders above us and The London Gliding Club below on The Levels. One of the paragliders seemed to have a trainee on board:

IMG_20191027_133221~2.jpg

... with plenty of solo pilots:

IMG_20191027_132418.jpg

We finished our stroll along the escarpment with a wander through the woods to the west:

IMG_20191027_152639.jpg

Great weather, great scenery, great company (I even had a phone call from Campervanannie!), lots of interesting things to marvel at. What a lucky man I am.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last night I cycled home from St Albans along very dark and literally freezing lanes. My new lights on the Brompton were absolutely amazing! I was, as usual, like a big kid with a huge grin spread across my face. How technology has moved on - and upon getting home I simply plugged the lights into a usb outlet to top-up in anticipation of my next night-time ride. Phil would be so, so proud of me.
That was the first frost of the winter here in Hertfordshire:

IMG_20191028_072119.jpg

So now I'm off to the Thames estuary to spoil the Grandchildren in their half term.
Can't wait!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Murky, humid grey start to the day. 23 degrees.and due to remain that way for a while.
It's odd that the weather should suddenly change after we put the clocks back ?
It's nice of the Americans to lay on a pipe band, for 2CV, to stop them from feeling homesick.
Liked his pic of the Dak, in its D Day stripes.
Always reminds me of a giant Wood Pigeon..
Advice to photographers.......
Don't let your wife sit on the Kindle !IMG_20191028_100333_hdr.jpg

Back