Weather Report..................

Managed a delayed getaway for the fishing trip due to illness with grandkids. Left a misty Cheshire and enjoyed a sunshine run down to the Shropshire/Staffordshire border. Cool when the sun went in but the trout didn’t seem to mind 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣 Nice end to the afternoon .........
4CA45D5F-E06B-4A82-9B68-B3AD11D17D28.jpeg1872DAE2-3219-4DBE-AB16-A7AAE6554B37.jpeg

The Thames estuary was a delight today. We walked the 7080 feet of hardwood planking known as Southend Pier to the end and back with lovely views across the river to Kent and along the river towards London:

IMG_20191028_162107.jpg

I was as surprised as anyone to find Chris (Edina) had followed us there:

IMG_20191028_161411.jpg

Unfortunately the 'Cockle Sheds' at Leigh-on-Sea had run out of the traditional Estuarine delicacy of curried whelks and chips.
I'll be returning to Leigh on Wednesday so with luck they'll be back on the menu by then. Otherwise we'll have to make do with a visit to Patisserie Valerie, Southend on Sea.
(With apologies to Annie for doing so without her).

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Managed a delayed getaway for the fishing trip due to illness with grandkids. Left a misty Cheshire and enjoyed a sunshine run down to the Shropshire/Staffordshire border. Cool when the sun went in but the trout didn’t seem to mind 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣 Nice end to the afternoon .........
View attachment 50925View attachment 50926

Great photos, Dave. I especially like the first one. Great lighting and composition.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Heavy dew at sunup.
Soon burnt off and all the indications are that is going to be a scorcher.
Then I noticed the weather map on Graham's post .
We're due for some rain.., evidently.
Checking my local website , it forecasts showers now..
I'm going to follow my instincts,
Shorts, sandals, sunglasses and a walk in the hills.
If that brings it on, we'll be very happy.

Last edited:
We are having unseasonably cold weather in the desert. Last night we were driven inside by 7 o’clock by the falling temperatures. Should only get to 26 degrees today and 21 tomorrow, with chilly nights. Should be back to normal with temperatures in the 30s by weekend. Unbroken sunshine at least ☀️☀️☀️

Today started bright and sunny here in Hertfordshire.
So I cleared the drive of a significant pile of leaves.......
......and then went for a bike ride!
And there was you thinking I might have changed my habits!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
By 11 it was cloudy and cold. We got about 25 pitters and 24 patters. Then nothing.
Yesterday , in the coffee shop, someone asked if it was officially Winter. I explained about the under 16 degree rule..
I checked my phone , it showed 11 degrees.
I joyfully ordered a large brandy.
When we came out, it was a pleasant 23 degrees . Then I realised, I'd been standing under the air conditioner, when inside . I felt so guilty.
This morning, on the terrace, it was certainly cooler than yesterday.
So I poured myself a domestic double, ..
It's not all bad news.

Back