Weather Report..................

It's very wet here in Hertfordshire and it looks as if it will remain so for the remainder of the day.
The River Lea looks to be close to the top of the bank though I have no intention of wandering over there for a closer look.
I think this will be an indoors day!

Colin :):):)

I had to wear my Charity shop Leather jacket and winter hat.
it's 16 degrees, out of the gusty wind, but evil if you meet a squall head on.
The rain is very welcome, replenishing the reservoirs and aquifers.
Shopping, in the big town, was a doddle, as the locals don't venture out.
As a precaution, I've invested in a 20p lemon and £ 9 bottle of Lidl Malt whisky.
Don't worry,
It was worse in Salford, last August.
We survived.

Winds reducing.
Rain persistent, but gentle.
The whole valley transformed into lush greenery.
We pity those disappointed visitors, Who've paid peak prices to be here for Xmas.
It won't be fun on the golf courses.
House warm and fully provisioned .
No reason to go out.
So we won't.

I'm home.
There's very little blue left.
It's drizzling.
No wonder the foray up into Bedfordshire indicated that lots of folk are off to warmer climes:

IMG_20191221_120702.jpg

IMG_20191221_120106.jpg

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
I'm home.
There's very little blue left.
It's drizzling.
No wonder the foray up into Bedfordshire indicated that lots of folk are off to warmer climes:

View attachment 52077

View attachment 52078

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

No need for envy. I just checked and that Easyjet flight was heading to Naples where currently it’s drizzling and thunder is expected later.

The Winter Solstice.
The shortest day. It can only get better from now on.
Bong Crispy and Not King Kong wishing us a White Xmas and Let it snow, on the radio.
After surprise overnight rain, that shut the Cicada up,
It's dawned clear calm and sunny.
They're lighting up the BBQ s on the market field .

We've lots of blue sky above Hertfordshire on this, the shortest day of the year. It's mild - about 7°C - with the gentlest of breezes.
So I persuaded the Brompton to carry me over to the Xmas Market in Harpenden. Lots of people, great atmosphere and great coffee.
In St Albans and the surrounding villages some 54 post boxes have been adorned with crocheted decorations. This is the one Wheathampstead:

IMG_20191211_105845.jpg

It feels good to know that the days get progressively longer for the coming 6 months.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Back from the market.
Good job we remembered to take our sunglasses
It's always a great joy to share a bottle of red with Management. The Piri Piri was excellent.
She's sleeping off her glass, I'm on the terrace, working on my all-over Suntan.
Where did I put the Smugfilter ?

Back