Weather Report..................

Just emptied the Smug filter.. it was rammed.
The hotel is a real gem. It turns out to be a preserved monastery, with a modern 4 star hotel, sensitively built around it. . Evidently the Spanish Royal family stayed here, when it first opened, 30 years ago. It's posh, warm and convenient for this, mainly Spanish resort.
I think we're the only foreigners here.

Big parade for the 3 Kings this afternoon,. If we'd just flown in, we be in shorts and tee shirts.
Like the locals, however, we're finding the 16 degrees and low sun angle, cold.

It's jumpers and cords for us, plus gloves, hats and coats, tonight .

Could be worse.
(What's that red light flashing for on the Smugometer ? Better check..)

well todays sundi and its mighty cold out there...........been out and me fingers and toes feel as tho they dont belong to me.......quite a wind also.....dank, damp. grey skies..........was surprised yesterday...did not get dark till gone 4.15.....think it will be different today tho....probably light will go by quarter to 4........hey ...the days are gettin that bit longer.
havent opened curtains today....dont want to see the gloomy weather......

Ha ! Ha !
Nice and hot/warm here. But cooler at night. The colder nights are probably finished and the heat will build and build.
The local weather station reports 30 deg feeling like 35 and 35 expected at 3pm.
Regards Mr Smug.
PS no rain expected for a couple of months..Then the odd thunderstorm then more!

We thought the Portuguese public celebrations were noisy... !
They're subdued, compared to their Andalusian neighbours.
Our ears are still fizzing and popping.
We were outside from 8 to 11.30.
Luckily the temperature remained a calm 12 degrees.
An outdoor feast of Sea bass and beer, in the chaotic aftermath of the parade, was punctuated by the noisiest fireworks display, we've ever heard. Loosened a lot of earwax..!
The town is lovely and flat, making walking easy. On the way back to the hotel, the temperature dropped to 10 degrees... So we were forced into a tapas bar, to warm up. Jenny had her 3rd glass of beer... A personal best, I had a Fino Sherry, of course, to wash the tapas down.. And the nub end of a bottle of brandy... As we were leaving, more punters were coming in.
15 degrees, sun rising, streets deserted.. it's a public holiday .

In Hertfordshire it's about 6°C with patches of blue up above.
Yesterday I failed to get out and do battle with the elements despite the best efforts of Mr Motivator (Chris, Edina).
So today I've been out for a ride around the lanes and thoroughly enjoyed myself. A slightly longer distance of 43 km at a, for me, reasonable average speed of 18.6 kph. At this stage of the get-fit programme I'm happy with that.
As the ride progressed the wind built and at times it was quite 'interesting'.

Colin :):):)

Back