Weather Report..................

Overcast, grey and drizzly in Blackpool this morning. I always expect sunshine here! ☔☔☔
Always the optimist, Bill.
You can always spend the day in Yates's Wine Lodge.. Is it still there ?.
The weather soothsayers decided to change their pack of lies, mid morning, as we were doing coffee in the sunshine..
They now say no rain until late tomorrow.
It's Gipsy market, tomorrow.
Already, ominous dark clouds are drifting in from NE, at low level, East , a bit higher and higher still, Westerly along the coast, 7. Miles to our South.
Better take the laundry in and close the Veluxes.
We're sitting pretty, with 12 weeks of water in the cisterns.

Two heavy rain squalls, just after we started making the salad for lunch. It's drizzled in between and after them. The weather forecast hasn't noticed and still says no rain until tomorrow pm.
Maybe it's us who are Wrong ?

Always the optimist, Bill.
You can always spend the day in Yates's Wine Lodge.. Is it still there ?.
The weather soothsayers decided to change their pack of lies, mid morning, as we were doing coffee in the sunshine..
They now say no rain until late tomorrow.
It's Gipsy market, tomorrow.
Already, ominous dark clouds are drifting in from NE, at low level, East , a bit higher and higher still, Westerly along the coast, 7. Miles to our South.
Better take the laundry in and close the Veluxes.
We're sitting pretty, with 12 weeks of water in the cisterns.

Unfortunately Yates’s burned down some years ago, though there is one on the prom now. Turned out dry at least and we had a nice wander round Lytham, which Bill Bryson justifiability described as the nicest small town in the Northwest.

V
Unfortunately Yates’s burned down some years ago, though there is one on the prom now. Turned out dry at least and we had a nice wander round Lytham, which Bill Bryson justifiability described as the nicest small town in the Northwest.
Very true.
Lytham used to be our bolt hole. We could overnight on the theatre carpark, if no shows were running.
Town was near enough and a pleasure to visit.
Did you use the Aire ?
Weather :
Checked the forecast at 8am. Cool, windless, light cloud all day.
That looked about right
Jenny is now hanging yesterday's laundry outside, while I'm typing..
Just checked the forecast again, prior to us going to the market.. We can see the smoke rising from the BBQ s.
Yup!
It now forecasts rain for the next 3 hours.!

V

Very true.
Lytham used to be our bolt hole. We could overnight on the theatre carpark, if no shows were running.
Town was near enough and a pleasure to visit.
Did you use the Aire ?
Weather :
Checked the forecast at 8am. Cool, windless, light cloud all day.
That looked about right
Jenny is now hanging yesterday's laundry outside, while I'm typing..
Just checked the forecast again, prior to us going to the market.. We can see the smoke rising from the BBQ s.
Yup!
It now forecasts rain for the next 3 hours.!

I’ve never used the aire. Always used to park in the street by my aunties’ house, but she died and we now stay on a great little CL near Thornton, handy for other local relatives. Blackpool transport do a very good day ticket for those of us with no English bus pass, but my brother is usually our chauffeur. Whilst the centre of Blackpool has gone down over the years, in general the Fylde coast is a lovely area.

As Dave reports, Hertfordshire is also a lighter shade of grey (would that make a good title for a book, I wonder?) this morning with a temperature of about 5°C and still air, though rain is forecast for later.
So it's a day of catching up on all those things I've been postponing through lack of enthusiasm for the mundane.

Colkin :):):)

This is the rain that was forecast.
Been outdoors all the time since my last post.. ( That rings a musical bell, Colin..).
Shirt off cool beer on duty.
Piri Piri chicken at the market was only perfect.

What's that red flashing light on the Smug alarm..?
Haven't seen that for Ages..1580048581438679469450033215279.jpg

Hertfordshire is sitting under a grey sky at 7°C with intermittent rain.........
........which is being progressively upgraded to continual rain.
Not nice.
Not nice at all.

Colin :):):)

Back