Were off to the nether regions at some point today.

Weve had a right old day today, we like fishing villages etc but trying to find a coffee emporium has been a pain, finally found one that actually was trying to make a living on a back street in Dunbar, nice place then some TW*T decided to take my OS mirror out, he came onto my side of the road to avoid a skip, and his roof rack hit the mirror, glad I invested in some cheapo covers, 6 times they've done the job now, mirrors popped back in but the covers are looking a bit scrappy.
Went to Eyemouth, we like it there, we like to see the seals in the harbour, this time we had added swan too.

20230213_143625.jpg20230213_143455.jpg20230213_142424.jpg20230213_110019.jpg20230213_105947.jpg20230213_105757.jpg20230213_104311.jpg20230212_161611.jpg20230212_132945.jpg

Weve had a right old day today, we like fishing villages etc but trying to find a coffee emporium has been a pain, finally found one that actually was trying to make a living on a back street in Dunbar, nice place then some TW*T decided to take my OS mirror out, he came onto my side of the road to avoid a skip, and his roof rack hit the mirror, glad I invested in some cheapo covers, 6 times they've done the job now, mirrors popped back in but the covers are looking a bit scrappy.
Went to Eyemouth, we like it there, we like to see the seals in the harbour, this time we had added swan too.

View attachment 65884View attachment 65885View attachment 65886View attachment 65887View attachment 65888View attachment 65889View attachment 65890View attachment 65891View attachment 65892
Kev, re your post about a broken cupholder recently, mirrorguard sell a super duper version at £53! mirrorguard drinks holder. I also found the name of the 3d Printer person on the other Forum who makes all sorts of useful gadgets. If you want to PM me, I have an email address which MAY still be current ...

Steve

I looked at that but i want one somewhere on the right of the dash so I can easily reach it when driving.

I looked at that but i want one somewhere on the right of the dash so I can easily reach it when driving.
There is also a pair of cupholders that are each a metal bracket with a platform at the base to steady the cup. The base can fold up so that it doesn't foul when the Pilot's Chair is rotated, but in use, the cup has a webbing strap to hold it secure. Think it came from Amazon. Other Motorhomers have made plywood trays [covered in fabric/sticky backed plastic etc] that slide into an empty glovebox; 2 circular holes for the cups/cans when in use, and when the drinks are finished, the tray can live in the cab door bottom pocket

Steve

By heck it was cold last night, we've been duvet bound unto 30 minutes ago.

We've crossed back into England yesterday, not sure of our heading today.

Will look more at cup holders when get back home but if anyone recalls I made a central bun one for the self build just a bit of ply with an old carpet tile glued to it, the buyer drilled two holes in it.

Heck, it's bedlam here, we only stopped here as there was almost zero traffic at 16.30 a car every 5 to 10 minutes or so and no trucks, then about 18.30 its truck mania, so we'll be having a restful night if it carries on like this.

We decided that Scotland deserves another visit despite driving on some of the trips best roads in Northumberland D&G is where we're headed right now but no deffo destination as we all know it's pretty crap all around there 😗😃

So we have managed to enter and leave 5 countries or will have by Monday.

Well Dumfries is a bit of a let down first and last visit here we think, just another town, same shops, same empty shops shame, moffat had more to offer.

Not been up to D&G for a couple of years but Kirkudbright and Castle Douglas are smaller but have more character than Dumfries.
Yeah we go to them a lot, as I mentioned Kirkcudbright was my first visit to Scotland, but always wanted to do Dumfries though.

Dumfries is always our first overnight stop on our way north. Find the car park down by the river, just around the corner is a lovely curry house.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back