Were off to the nether regions at some point today.

Spent Last night overlooking Colwyn Bay after wandering around what there is of Conwy, and decided we'd head north, and have landed a bit north of Windermere loads of wilding places here and on the way here with no signs we have noticed for no overnighting.

We were going to go further up as it was a quick 3 hour hop up to Carlisle area, but vered off to the lakes as we avoid them in summer, and liz wanted to go up Hardnose pass, yes I corrected her.

So its gonna be spooky if you head right into Scotland as a lot of were you have been is the same as we did last month.
Hawick has a large car park just before Lidil/ Iceland (turn left over river). It has a new waste and water point.

Not sure we'll get over that way this time we'll be keeping more to the west, might do D&G again dunno Liz wants to be back by the 18th, I'd just keep going.

Kev, Please could you not tell everyone just how amazingly beautiful D&G is, and how much history it has.

Skim over it all and encourage everyone to pass by and head into the Highlands, just like most other folk have done for so many years.

Kev, Please could you not tell everyone just how amazingly beautiful D&G is, and how much history it has.

Skim over it all and encourage everyone to pass by and head into the Highlands, just like most other folk have done for so many years.
TBH I don't rate it much, Liz likes it and Kirkcudbright was the very first place I went to with wife one we came up by train and she played Bowie on cassette the whole way and wondered why I didn't like him much.

I much prefer the lumpy quiet parts of Scotland away from them English.

TBH I don't rate it much, Liz likes it and Kirkcudbright was the very first place I went to with wife one we came up by train and she played Bowie on cassette the whole way and wondered why I didn't like him much.

I much prefer the lumpy quiet parts of Scotland away from them English.
Be careful, Kev; there's English people lurking north of the M74, some of them claiming to be [honorary] Scots :D We slip over the Border under cover of darkness, lingering briefly in D&G before thrusting north to the relative anonymity of the Central Belt where we can draw breath and learn basic Weegie ... :D

Steve

LB is on it's way out, 9.9v last night so lights only until we get home next week then I'll get the dimensions and ask for advice of which way to go.

Last edited:
We're staying up near Troon tonight, bloody awful roads from around Kilmarnock to here though.

You might be able to make out Arran through the mist

20230211_150007.jpg

Reactions: 2cv
Yeah I was thinking that bit need to assess it maybe.

The roads from Troon across to Peebles was terrible too, I wonder how that looks to foreign tourists.

We look to our left to see Bass Rock from our Flat, Kev. Opposite side of the water from you. Are you parked in the Car Park just outside the CAMH site, or nearer North Berwick on the overnight Car Park on the slope of the hill?

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back