What did you do to your van today?

Mega laundry session yesterday - being 22C makes it bearable!
A convenient closed cafe deck for drying. A local offered us ‘clean’ water from his house too. Twin tub elicited some comments, mostly from older ladies~nostalgia!
And no effort for our lithium batteries and solar panels to provide the power for four hours non-stop! And before anyone asks, I use soap nuts.

and View attachment 52021View attachment 52022View attachment 52023
You can go right off some people 😜

Today we took advantage of the unseasonably dry and balmy weather to give the van a good wash. Really pleasing result bearing in mind that it was built nearly 9 years ago.

Finally the weather was dry warm and windless enough for me to get the ladders out and add three bolts in each solar panel bracket to supplement the white adhesive/seal of unknown grade/quality that it is currently held in place with.
Being a Ducato PVC there was always a risk that the roof-paint that the brackets were stuck to was not stuck to its primer as there has been some peeling nearby.
I'm a lot happier now. Roll on the next tour.
K ;)

We have one Gaslow cylinder and one Calor propane. When we bought the van, 5 years ago, the Gaslow was next to the locker door and the Calor was behind it. This meant taking the Gaslow out to change the Calor, a right pain. Today I swapped them round. No pipework changes ; now securing bracket changes; just take both out then put both back.
Five years planning, ten minutes execution.
Never put off 'til tomorrow something that can wait another month.

Finally the weather was dry warm and windless enough for me to get the ladders out and add three bolts in each solar panel bracket to supplement the white adhesive/seal of unknown grade/quality that it is currently held in place with.
Being a Ducato PVC there was always a risk that the roof-paint that the brackets were stuck to was not stuck to its primer as there has been some peeling nearby.
I'm a lot happier now. Roll on the next tour.
K ;)

I made the mistake of having our 07 PVC self build washed at the local car wash, bits of paint missing all over it now, shame I didn't notice til a week later, they denied responsibility, no way I can prove it, I didn't know about the paint problems, but since then I have noticed loads of Sevel older vans with missing paint, good that the primer is stuck ok.

I looked out of our bay window and gave the van a coat of looking at, I started to feel urges of getting out there and doing something to it, then I heard the sound of the kettle boiling and decided that discretion be the better part of valour and succumbed to the tantalising aroma of coffee

Stripped out all the stupid reversing camera gubbins (I'll just have to back into things), took all the junk off the top shelf over the cab, made a foot rest for Sue all in preparation for our trip to Portugal at the end of Jan. Now comes the task of loading it for the trip. Me? all I need is a few pairs of boxers, socks, a couple of shirts and a corkscrew, Sue on the other hand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stripped out all the stupid reversing camera gubbins (I'll just have to back into things), took all the junk off the top shelf over the cab, made a foot rest for Sue all in preparation for our trip to Portugal at the end of Jan. Now comes the task of loading it for the trip. Me? all I need is a few pairs of boxers, socks, a couple of shirts and a corkscrew, Sue on the other hand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve got a kitchen sink as a freebie if you want peter😭😭😭

I’ve got a kitchen sink as a freebie if you want peter😭😭😭
Is a dishwasher included............................................Mine kinda getting worn out

Back