2024 France/Spain Tour.

I returned back to the fortress walls that overlook the town, I was alone and covered a lot of ground quickly. A hard slog up, with some dodgy areas to manoeuvre. I’m glad I took the hiking poles. At the highest point the views are superb, and when you look at the size of the structure, it certainly is a tribute to the masons and builder at the time of construction centuries ago. There is a Wiki page for those seeking more info.

IMG_5964.jpegIMG_5959.jpegIMG_5956.jpegIMG_5952.jpegIMG_5950.jpeg

Unfortunately we are heading towards Valencia, where Segovia is SW of our current position, noted though for our next trip, thanks 👍
We've moved from the Aire at Roquetes this morning, so have lost the free EHU. Was going to move to the Aire at Tortosa, but pig ignorant and selfish Dutch have been replaced by their French counterparts, with a TAG taking up 4 pitches, their TOAD a 5th, and parked sufficiently far forward to prevent access to the remaining pitch.

Think France and Netherlands don't bother with social miscreants; to save Police time, they just pack them up in Motorhomes and tell them to follow the signs for Spain. Scum of the earth, especially the twat who parked his Library Van 8 metres plus next to us and parked his chairs on part of our pitch and refused to move until my twin pronged attack of filling the water in none too careful a way, spraying it liberally around our pitch whilst breaking wind very close to his face :ROFLMAO:

So we are now back at L'Aldea for a couple of nights before beginning the drive north towards Bilbao for the 30th April Ferry

Steve

We've moved from the Aire at Roquetes this morning, so have lost the free EHU. Was going to move to the Aire at Tortosa, but pig ignorant and selfish Dutch have been replaced by their French counterparts, with a TAG taking up 4 pitches, their TOAD a 5th, and parked sufficiently far forward to prevent access to the remaining pitch.

Think France and Netherlands don't bother with social miscreants; to save Police time, they just pack them up in Motorhomes and tell them to follow the signs for Spain. Scum of the earth, especially the twat who parked his Library Van 8 metres plus next to us and parked his chairs on part of our pitch and refused to move until my twin pronged attack of filling the water in none too careful a way, spraying it liberally around our pitch whilst breaking wind very close to his face :ROFLMAO:

So we are now back at L'Aldea for a couple of nights before beginning the drive north towards Bilbao for the 30th April Ferry

Steve
Excellent multi tasking

Yes the Europeans make there voice heard, I joined a manifestation and had great support. Slept nearly all the next day

witnessed similar at San Sebastián, Steve. French couple from Brittany rock up with their MH and trailer in tow, then from the trailer emerges a large quad, which overall, they took up huge chunk of area, which eventually ended up with slanging match between two brits and the French couple, the French soon shut up when Bea stepped and told the French they were bang out of order, in her own French fluent tongue.

So we are now back at L'Aldea for a couple of nights before beginning the drive north towards Bilbao for the
30th April Ferry

Steve

You need to carry an old violin and case, usually only takes a couple of seconds to work, sometimes without taking it out of the case, saves all that personal exhaust stuff .........🤣🤣

You need to carry an old violin and case, usually only takes a couple of seconds to work, sometimes without taking it out of the case, saves all that personal exhaust stuff .........🤣🤣
But personal exhaust stuff is easier to report ... :ROFLMAO: . In any other circumstances, I would have been more restrained, but the reluctance to move back to their own pitch made me think, 'sod it, have some of this ...'. They vacated the pitch late morning, and we're replaced by another Dutch couple who immediately began to wash their van, despite that being expressly forbidden ... They really are arrogant in the extreme and, as a race, seems to regard the rules as applying to everyone else

Steve

But personal exhaust stuff is easier to report ... :ROFLMAO: . In any other circumstances, I would have been more restrained, but the reluctance to move back to their own pitch made me think, 'sod it, have some of this ...'. They vacated the pitch late morning, and we're replaced by another Dutch couple who immediately began to wash their van, despite that being expressly forbidden ... They really are arrogant in the extreme and, as a race, seems to regard the rules as applying to everyone else

Steve
Steve, next time with the Dutch, as their command of English is excellent, politely tell them to “go forth and multiply”. 😁

Back