2024 France/Spain Tour.

Long slog today, 550 klicks from village, and now back at Berck Sur Mer, parked and had a shifty outside, then back in rrrrrrapid style, shorts and T removed, tracksuit now on, itā€™s šŸ„¶

While on the A28, I lost count of the amount of motors towing trailers with American WW2 jeeps and other military vehicles, impressive.

Anyhooo, the weather is nuts!!

Our Michelin map book has motorways, motorway standard, red, yellow and white roads. Still in France and after over 2500 miles we havenā€™t touched a single motorway or motorway standard road. After that I guess we have done something like 5% red, 35% yellow and 60% white!! As you can see we love to pootle as I reckon itā€™s the only way to see real France. Max we have done in any day while over here is 105 miles but more often than not itā€™s less than 50miles. Before anyone comments we are always aware of vehicles behind and will pull over to let them pass at the earliest opportunity.
Not looking forward to returning to the UK where it will be a hard motorway slog home unless we take the non motorway roads. However even the ā€œwhiteā€ roads in France are of a better standard surface than our A roads!

I donā€™t mind the motorways, Tony, whether it be peage or free, which was a mix of both today.
Clock is counting down, I did the long haul to spend the last of our time at Berck. The MW Aires are handy to stop for the night, have facilities available, even the non fuel stop Aires, which I prefer.
Itā€™s all down to preference, though, and good to have options, whether in the clock or not.

We hope you are having a great time šŸ‘

We love France Terry, ever since we lived here in the eighties. If it wasnā€™t for family and a lovely house at home weā€™d move down in a shot. Weā€™re having a great trip and even seem to have hit lucky with the weather. Unfortunately all good things come to an end and weā€™re crossing from Roscoff to Plymouth in a week or so. Quick stop at VanBitz in Taunton to get a slight problem with the solar fixed then off home - probably taking a week or so and include a Penicuik stopover!!

We love France Terry, ever since we lived here in the eighties. If it wasnā€™t for family and a lovely house at home weā€™d move down in a shot. Weā€™re having a great trip and even seem to have hit lucky with the weather. Unfortunately all good things come to an end and weā€™re crossing from Roscoff to Plymouth in a week or so. Quick stop at VanBitz in Taunton to get a slight problem with the solar fixed then off home - probably taking a week or so and include a Penicuik stopover!!
Yes, it certainly is not hard to love France, which is so diverse on too many aspects to mention.

I have just checked my security system back home, and guess what? Raining, I guess the Cuick may have snow ā›„ļø

IMG_1383.pngYes, it certainly is not hard to love France, which is so diverse on too many aspects to mention.

I have just checked my security system back home, and guess what? Raining, I guess the Cuick may have snow ā›„ļø

I thought you were joking Terry but not so sure now!!!

I blame our Scottish government Tony, they canā€™t do anything right, even our weather šŸ˜‚ā›„ļø

Channel flat calm today, which I was surprised at after yesterdays winds. French patrol boat cruising around, sea being calm, ideal conditions for rubber boat crossing. I also watched what looked like a helicopter drone with various camera paraphernalia hoovering at the lighthouse, which is also SAR station.

I lost sight of the white cliffs towards Dover direction due to squalls, it really did not look nice over south of England direction šŸ„²

IMG_6732.jpegIMG_6731.jpegIMG_6730.jpeg

Reading this is making me think I might make a late booking and head over towards the end of July hopefully better weather then. Some of the ferry prices are stupid that time of year especially my favourite one to Roscoff.

Have a good trip up through Englandshire even though the roads will knock the fillings out of your teeth compared with France!
Got to Folkstone town just after 07.00 big CP at harbour to get the head down. Also to Cod and Chips at voted the best carry out establishment in Kent, now set up and heading to Dartford Costco for a fuel stop.

Oh, the short drive over from tunnel to town was very bumpy, more to come šŸ˜³

Reading this is making me think I might make a late booking and head over towards the end of July hopefully better weather then. Some of the ferry prices are stupid that time of year especially my favourite one to Roscoff.
Get some homers in to cover the extra daft charges n Cheers šŸ»

Back