A little wave

Northumborman

To be brutally honest, when we first moved from our VW van to a 6 berth motorhome, we used to call out "chips anyone" when we saw a smaller van. Then we saw an A class and thought perhaps we were being a tad immature :) with our chip van call :)
We drive an A class now, but there is always something bigger and better on the road and we like to think we have matured now. Maybe :)
We've also had various vans, last one was a new tag axle as we were full-timing. Are now back in a 'chip van' ? but still the same people.

keithchesterfield

Free Member
We were driving around Le Touquet a few years ago trying to find the Aires (basically, we were lost) and waved at a Motorhome coming the opposite way.

Eventually we found the Aire and a few minutes later the Motorhome we'd waved at turned up and parked nearby.

We got chatting, he'd been lost as well, and eventually shared a couple of bottles of wine with the Polish driver and his wife.

I've waved willy-nilly at anything that looked like a Motorhome since then.

Relax, you're on holiday.

(y)

Crystalight

We always try to wave, sometimes forget at the beginning of a journey after driving the car, but soon someone waves and it reminds us!
Nice to be friendly, does not cost anything to put a smile on someones face even if its not always returned.

Pedalman

ok, so this is just a little thread to answer a discussion that my Wife and I are having, so any biker knows about the "bikers nod" a little nod of the head to say hellow to a fellow biker on there way past, so over the last weekend while we were away I decided to wave at fellow campervan and motorhome drivers, trying to put a little smile on someones face, even if for a few seconds.

back to the discussion from my Wife and I, as I was waving at other drivers, I suddenly gets a swift slap on the arm, and a sound of discussed saying, "waving at other drivers justr isnt done, you are not on a bike now!"

now me being the stubborn person I am, this just made me do it more ?

so the question to you lovely people is, is waving at other campervan/motorhome drivers a done thing, or is it as my Wife says, "Not the done thing"?
I have a VW T4 and nearly everyone with a T4 waves, so I do too. Sometimes the T5 owners wave but not many, the larger motorhomes don't waive at me .....I think the old saying "Birds of a feather flock together" is the rule of thumb. Do caravaners waive at motorhomers and vice versa ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:173)

alwaysared, oppy, grath, Wully, RoadTrek Boy, Millie Master, Budgie, YOLO BUS, Topmast, Greengrass, helmit, RoaminRog, silverweed, Molly 3, Ardachaidh, Val54, Lee, pcbdrawer, Edward B, Jeanette, sunrisemac, andyjanet, Carrotts, pj650, TeamRienza, Bouydog, Biggarmac, ton27, shortcircuit, 2cv, HurricaneSmith, mr brown, Winks, Minisorella, Haaamster, Gixer, Tezza33, helen262, BOTCANU, royh28, Edina, ian and cath, Annabella, St3v3, pagey, debs, maingate, Trotter, EJB, On a journey, Ian1950, bellars, tugboat, yorkslass, Forresbroons, tapfitter, Phase3begins, trixie88, Matchlock, Nightman, Barge1914, IJenk52, watchthis, Reiverlad, jim and pat dalton, Bounce, Steveandjulie, marchhare, Markd, Tommyg, wesaaron, Mick P, daygoboy, ironman, GreggBear, maureenandtom, Dartmoor Punch, Kyran, Gerry Attrick, Martingrant, geordy paul, Clunegapyears, lifeafloat, CardMaker, Mr&Mrs Tupcox, Tribute11, Beemer, V1nny, 47643, Wooie1958, Master, Carrerasax, paulhelenwilko, Nicnaen, HermanHymer, Croftylad, Bigshug, cowanhouse, Trublu33, Linda, El radge, eurajohn, The laird, time4t, Green Man, Rec, keithchesterfield, Undertaker, Adriandp, paulrichardson, s4x4c, yelto, Dulvil, 76zedfour, abmnw, MEDUCK, Northumborman, mark61, Dell, TJBi, kevlakes, Overcombe, neildenise, Old Man Down, Skipperted, Deovalente, Nosmo king, Caravan Palace, davidb, Crystalight, MissDor, Silver sprinter, Barleycorn, nutts, Forrory, johndoris, Busylizzy, janj, Pedalman, alun100, Nil, Avril Mackay, Mobroomfield, Musto, bilbo, Robina, John and Carole, suemar, Mark135, bampi, greenspeace, Liberty hall, Wilfee, Garysan, Ex Greeny, chippythewiz, ScoTTyBEEE, Magda162, Rimor, Marzar, JanettaVienetta, charlie356, Sotontriker, bjh, Donsider, Fred Chase, erchie, Ken Parsons, Mischief2, rongrundy, beedubbleyoo, Raymondo, Weebill,