A little wave

We were driving around Le Touquet a few years ago trying to find the Aires (basically, we were lost) and waved at a Motorhome coming the opposite way.

Eventually we found the Aire and a few minutes later the Motorhome we'd waved at turned up and parked nearby.

We got chatting, he'd been lost as well, and eventually shared a couple of bottles of wine with the Polish driver and his wife.

I've waved willy-nilly at anything that looked like a Motorhome since then.

Relax, you're on holiday.

(y)

We always try to wave, sometimes forget at the beginning of a journey after driving the car, but soon someone waves and it reminds us!
Nice to be friendly, does not cost anything to put a smile on someones face even if its not always returned.

ok, so this is just a little thread to answer a discussion that my Wife and I are having, so any biker knows about the "bikers nod" a little nod of the head to say hellow to a fellow biker on there way past, so over the last weekend while we were away I decided to wave at fellow campervan and motorhome drivers, trying to put a little smile on someones face, even if for a few seconds.

back to the discussion from my Wife and I, as I was waving at other drivers, I suddenly gets a swift slap on the arm, and a sound of discussed saying, "waving at other drivers justr isnt done, you are not on a bike now!"

now me being the stubborn person I am, this just made me do it more ?

so the question to you lovely people is, is waving at other campervan/motorhome drivers a done thing, or is it as my Wife says, "Not the done thing"?

I have a VW T4 and nearly everyone with a T4 waves, so I do too. Sometimes the T5 owners wave but not many, the larger motorhomes don't waive at me .....I think the old saying "Birds of a feather flock together" is the rule of thumb. Do caravaners waive at motorhomers and vice versa ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back