A little wave

Well that's me in the dog house ? apparently proving the wife wrong, and then showing her the proof, is not acceptable marital behaviour ??(only been married since may this year) apparently there is this unwritten rule that a wife is never wrong, and if it occurs that she is wrong, it's the husbands fault for not explaining it probably ???

Well that's me in the dog house ? apparently proving the wife wrong, and then showing her the proof, is not acceptable marital behaviour ??(only been married since may this year) apparently there is this unwritten rule that a wife is never wrong, and if it occurs that she is wrong, it's the husbands fault for not explaining it probably ???
Welcome to my world ?

Yep we always wave. did it in France last year too, I am so happy and excited to be out and about it makes me want to wave (y) (there is no wavy one like on the other side - I like that one)

Yes and no.
We do and do not wave.
We would wave if we are not otherwise engaged in driving, or looking for navigation clues, or arguing :)
I am afraid we are guilty of sometimes not waving at panel van conversions, because it can be difficult to decide if it is a commercial or conversion van until we have passed by, so we generally don't to save embarrassment.
The age or type of van does not matter, and we are always impressed to see an old van still on the road and being used. :)
Ours is a 2004 model and not considered old by us.

It seems in France they wave more than in UK.

I am afraid we are guilty of sometimes not waving at panel van conversions, because it can be difficult to decide if it is a commercial or conversion van until we have passed by, so we generally don't to save embarrassment. .....................
Us too, and we drive a panel van conversion. ?

Used to, don`t bother anymore especially over here in the UK.

Sick and fed up with not getting any response back as they look straight through you.

Agree with Beemer that when in France the majority of them wave even though they`re foreigners.

For decades the acknowledgement of another Motorhome approaching has been part of Motorhome culture.

A lift of the finger, hand or arm in acknowledgement that you'd seen them is quite sufficient.

It isn't necessary to give the type of wave you'd give to a friend or relative who was off on the train or bus and not likely to be seen for a considerable time.

We wave at home or abroad and usually receive an acknowledgement when a Motorhome passes us in the opposite direction, and moan when they don't respond, but failure from us or them doesn't ruin or make our day.

Those who choose not to wave because of 'safety' issues when on the open road really ought to get out more.

We wave - if you want to be a miserable git – so be it !

WAVE 3.jpg

My point about 'safe to do so' meant circumstances like in the middle of a gear change or negotiating a busy roundabout, otherwise we wave.

Driver or co-pilot to wave - sorry, no excuses .........

(y)

We are 'wavers'. It makes you feel part of something a bit special. Must say that when it's an A-class we always ask each other, "Will they?" :)

Love all the responses on this subject, and love the little bit of happiness we can spread :D

The age or type of van does not matter, and we are always impressed to see an old van still on the road and being used. :)
Ours is a 2004 model and not considered old by us.

I'm not bothered by the age of the van either, especially as ours is a 1991 Toyota Hi-ace and love seeing bore vans of a similar age on the road

To be brutally honest, when we first moved from our VW van to a 6 berth motorhome, we used to call out "chips anyone" when we saw a smaller van. Then we saw an A class and thought perhaps we were being a tad immature :) with our chip van call :)
We drive an A class now, but there is always something bigger and better on the road and we like to think we have matured now. Maybe :)

To be brutally honest, when we first moved from our VW van to a 6 berth motorhome, we used to call out "chips anyone" when we saw a smaller van. Then we saw an A class and thought perhaps we were being a tad immature :) with our chip van call :)
We drive an A class now, but there is always something bigger and better on the road and we like to think we have matured now. Maybe :)
We've also had various vans, last one was a new tag axle as we were full-timing. Are now back in a 'chip van' ? but still the same people.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back