A long list

This really does not sound correct. The CC should disengage when you brake and then you would use the 'Resume' for it to turn back on and speed to climb again. And if you don't use the 'Resume', or set a CC speed, the CC stays disenaged.
I agree David, I'd say he possibly bought a cheap system (no offense intended Sonar) the one's I looked at for my 2.8Jtd were over £300 plus fitting at Conrad Anderson 10 years ago.

You have to push the brake down and the cruise control disconnects.
But does not disconnect the speed limiter ..

I agree David, I'd say he possibly bought a cheap system (no offense intended Sonar) the one's I looked at for my 2.8Jtd were over £300 plus fitting at Conrad Anderson 10 years ago.

Mines does the same but does Not have an extra something on the dash to turn on and off .
Mine is All on a single stalk.
Cheaper or not still works and the same .

You have to push the brake down and the cruise control disconnects.
But does not disconnect the speed limiter ..
When you say "push the brake down" do you mean to touch the brake lightly, as that is all that should be needed to cut the CC out, it looks like the only connection to the break will be via the brake light circuit which I think is not the pressure type but a switch on the brake pedal on the pre 06 vans, so a light touch just to disconnect the CC so you can slow down for lights etc without actually braking.

Mines does the same but does Not have an extra something on the dash to turn on and off .
Mine is All on a single stalk.
Cheaper or not still works and the same .
Yes the dash thing was just the type it was fitted, with later ones having the stalk, but this was 1999/2000 van,

A CC that lets you slow a little is just better design. I base this on having had one like that, but most that aren't.

My motorhome CC goes off if you touch the brakes or the clutch.

My car's system disengages the CC if you touch the brakes, so it's mosrly set to limiter mode, which stays on as long as the ignition stays on - or if you use kickdown when near the set limit. At thst point it beeps and pins you to the seat as it hurtles towards the horizon. Frankly, it's a bit scary!

Not come across a speed limiter TBH don't really see why I'd need one, just set the CC to the speed you need.

Just slowing down using the brake gently and then lifting your foot does not disengage the cruise control.
However breaking by applying more pressure to the brake does disconnect the cruise control.

Depressing the clutch also disengages the cruise control.

All tried again today .

As far as a speed limiter it works for me after bombing down the motorway. Then going into a town my speed slowly builds back up .
But that’s just me.

The speed limiter has kept me out of trouble quite a few times in Morecambe .

I was thinking about the speed limiter, my 07 fiat has a buzzer to warn me if I go over 30mph I have it set to off as it is very annoying except in a 30 limit.

My motorhome doesnt have a limiter, unfortunately.

In the car, it's wonderful. Set it to the speed limit and drive normally. Best feature the car has!

I was thinking about the speed limiter, my 07 fiat has a buzzer to warn me if I go over 30mph I have it set to off as it is very annoying except in a 30 limit.
If I set mine at 30 there is No buzzer. It just will not go over that speed no matter what gear or even how hard I put my foot down .
There is a way to increase the speed though and again it will not exceed the new set speed

Not come across a speed limiter TBH don't really see why I'd need one, just set the CC to the speed you need.
The speed limiter feature is quite handy I think. I don't use it that often (in the car) but one place I almost always use it is in Glasgow after coming off the motorway... The road I go along is a 40 limit but the traffic tends to go fast and there are lots of speed 'safety' cameras on the route.
Stops the car going above the preset UNLESS you push the accelerator down hard (which is a good safety feature as well).

Not sure if the Van has a speed limiter? It has Factory Cruise so probably does. My last van had a programmable Speed Limiter as part of the Tacho setup (being a 4.6T van) and I would think you could never exceed the setting. I just changed it to something like 90 or 100MPH to effectively disable it.

Back