A TARDIS MOTORHOME PUZZLE

Atardis

Hello Everyone,

I have a few simple solutions to this problem or puzzle and intend to make my designs available to everyone in the near future. Some people will probably say that this puzzle is easy to solve after they see my designs so I would like to give everybody an opportunity to solve it before posting the solutions here.

Arrange the following items in a single-story motorhome approximately 19 feet (5.8 m) long and 7.6 feet (2.3 m) wide :-
  • Bedroom with double bed accessible from 3 sides, overhead and under-bed storage, TV, table and chairs
  • Bathroom with sink, toilet, separate 27” x 30” x 80” shower stall, 20-cu.ft. wardrobe and medicine cabinet
  • Lounge with main entry door, dinette for four convertible into couch or bed, recliner, TV and storage cabinets
  • Kitchen with sink, stove, 8-cu.ft. fridge, microwave oven, 5-sq.ft. worktop or counter space and storage cabinets
All of these items must be usable at the same time.
The main entry door, dinette, kitchen, fridge, double bed and bathroom must be usable in the fully retracted configuration.

This is about the same length as a Rolls-Royce Phantom and a Chevrolet Suburban.

Any chassis from a major manufacturer such as Fiat, Ford, GM, Mercedes-Benz, VW, etc. may be used.
Transdimensional Engineering may also be used to build a dimensionally transcendental motorhome.

Atardis Motorhome Design
www.atardis.com

That'll be fun to watch if you video it all.

Thanks for the responses.

I don't want to give too many hints but I don't think it is possible to solve this puzzle without using slides or slide-outs or any other type of retractable room extension.

What do mpg do you get Trevor?

14mpg moving 12 ton makes 25mpg to move 3.5 ton quite expensive way to travel :)
Only if you do it as a living lol. For pleasure the further you get on a litre/gallon the better. Saying that most people with motorhomes don’t do much mileage so even single figure RV can be workable. I know my pension likes me holding it to 60mph on motorways lol

Only if you do it as a living lol. For pleasure the further you get on a litre/gallon the better. Saying that most people with motorhomes don’t do much mileage so even single figure RV can be workable. I know my pension likes me holding it to 60mph on motorways lol
60MPH!

Bloody Boy Racer! On my recent drive home from Berkshire to Scotland, I stayed at 55MPH and actually I doubt if I took much longer then usual for the trip (left at 6AM, arrive home at 6PM including a detour to Rochdale to drop in at Alpha Batteries for a chinwag).
Of course, that was during the fuel shortage "panic" so diesel preservation was a factor.

Good job I didn’t mention when I get carried away then haha

These diagrams show measurements for Fiat Ducato chassis cabs with short and medium wheelbases just in case anybody is still interested in solving this puzzle.

Ducato-SWB.jpg

Ducato-MWB.jpg

Atardis Motorhome Design
www.atardis.com

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back