A TARDIS MOTORHOME PUZZLE

Its been done well nearly this is as near as you’ll get.
So the Adria Compact is the "first small motorhome with a slide out" is it?

I will give you the VW Doubleback from 9 years ago ;)

And the Production version from 8 years ago

But still not got a shower and toilet in it the VW day vans are nice though but they are day vans even with an extension on the back 😜
I think it is partly an age thing. I have done 3 VW Conversions - T4, T5 and LT and each time gone a big bigger and a bit bigger. now I have a coachbuilt it may not be as 'cool' as a VW Bus but my goodness is it more comfortable to spend the evenings and overnight in!

I just received a patent search report from an IP firm a few days ago and everything looks good so far but they advised me not to disclose my designs until after filing a regular or non-provisional patent application and this will be at least a few months from now.

So other people will have more time to solve this puzzle although I don't think anybody is trying to do this.

Atardis Motorhome Design
www.atardis.com

I'd like to see something come out of this but too cryptic for me

The RSPCA won't like many of the pull out/pop out ideas. It's reliant on too many good Seals. ;)

We have good seals as well as sea lions in my area in Southern California. We also have sharks and dolphins near our beaches. Most of the sharks are harmless and some people like to swim with them.

More than 20,000 gray whales migrate along California coast from mid December through April. They don't come close to the beaches but there are whale watching companies with boats going out to see them. I can use my 8-inch telescope at home to see them but it's not as good as being on a boat.

We even have blue whales around here which are the largest animals known to have existed but I don't think I have ever seen one.

But for motorhomes and caravans, I hope that bad seals won't discourage British manufacturers from offering more slide-outs in the future.

Atardis Motorhome Design
www.atardis.com

Update June 11, 2022

I thought I had finished my design work last year but then decided to add another embodiment to my patent application and it's even bigger on the inside.

These are some of the things it has on the inside :
• Bedroom with double bed accessible from 3 sides, overhead and under-bed storage, TV, table and chairs
• Bathroom with sink, toilet, 30" x 27" shower with 52" foldable bathtub, 20-cu.ft. closet and medicine cabinet
• Lounge with main entry door, dinette for four convertible into couch or bed, 55" sofa bed, TV and coffee table
• Kitchen with sink, 3-burner stove, 10-cu.ft. fridge, 4-in-1 oven, storage cabinets and 15-sq.ft. worktop area !

• Transports up to 6 with seat belts, sleeps up to 8 in 5 beds and seats up to 9 at the dining table with extension.
• The main entry door, dinette, kitchen, fridge, bathroom and 3 beds are usable in the retracted configuration.
• 20' (6.1 m) L x 7.6' (2.3 m) W x 10.5' (3.2 m) H with 138" wheelbase

This CAD rendering shows what it looks like on the outside :)

atardis.jpg

Atardis Motorhome Design
www.atardis.com

I prefer not click unexplained links, now you've explained I'll give it a look.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back