Ad blue question

Yes but how urgent?
Fuel light gives 100Km
Have you looked in your Manual? Do you have an Adblu gauge or Menu Item that will give an approximation? Do you drive with your right foot pushing through the cab floor? Are you always pushing your payload limit to the max, and then climbing the Pyrenees? All of these factors can make a huge difference to Adblu usage, and hence the safety margin before the vehicle cannot be started. If you know the odometer reading when the Warning Light first appeared, make a note of it and also record the amount of Adblu to refill the Tank. Assuming your driving style/trips are similar, you should have quite an accurate consumption figure to act as a guide for next fill up time

Steve

My Hymer has an app that details a large number of items, and adblue is shown as a %age of the 22 litre tank. As I keep detailed records of fuel and Adblue use I know exactly what I have onboard at any time and can add a 10 litre container when I get below 50%. IMG_5353.png

I am on my second AdBlue motorhome and have never seen the warning light. I just fill it up when it gets below 50%. If I didn’t have a gauge I would top up every 2000 miles.

A lot of vans don't have a gauge just an alert when low ,some have a light others. Display a message on hLD

Well an option is this: do you know what size the tank is, it will be available to you to check somewhere.

Fill it.

Drive 1000 miles and refill it once more. How much did you put in? Divide mileage by litres used to determine how far a litre will take you.

Then multiply that mileage by the qty in litres the tank will hold. You will now have enough info to figure out how much you need to put in, or when to use a full 5 or 10 litre container of it dependant on your journey mileage.

Back