Ad blue question

the motoring chemical industry companies are producing anti crystallising additives.

Any thoughts on these additives ?

Eg

Wynns Ad-Protect Ad-Blue Crystallisation Preventer​

Wynn's Crystal Clean & Protect Car AdBlue Preventative Crystallisation Cleaner Additive​

FORTE ADBLUE Exhaust Crystal Preventer Reducer​

LIQUI MOLY DEF ADBLUE ANTI CRYSTAL ADDITIVE

Or

TOTAL CLEARNOX ready mixed with anti crystallising additives
The Fiat handbooks says not to.
“Do not add additives or other fluids to AdBlue® (UREA); doing so could damage the system.”
I guess they might refuse warranty claims if they find unexpected additives in the system.

This van is the first vehicle I've ever had that's new enough to want adblue so it's all a mystery to me, although I've found the hole it goes in. There doesn't seem to be any gauge on the computer to say what level it has in it, so I was just waiting for a message or something - but are folk saying I should shove some in anyway? Maybe I should RTFM at some point.

This van is the first vehicle I've ever had that's new enough to want adblue so it's all a mystery to me, although I've found the hole it goes in. There doesn't seem to be any gauge on the computer to say what level it has in it, so I was just waiting for a message or something - but are folk saying I should shove some in anyway? Maybe I should RTFM at some point.
One bit of advice would be.
Don't buy it from a fuel station forecourt, it is very, very overpriced. Do shop around.
My son orders it from amazon, he has prime.

Back