Additional solar system & B2B for compressor fridge

I asked Alpha batteries and they agree. The only gel they think is ok for it is the Exide G80 (ES900).

Last edited:
Lol I didn’t mean the site link, I have used that a lot. I meant asking about battery’s lol

Rather than totalitarian censoring and sending users to the gulag for mentioning it - I think the correct way for an admin to handle it would be to write your opinion on the matter, keep it on file and simply paste it in when you see the offending issue raised - and only that issue - not the whole friggin site! Then move on. :)

I have run forums for more than 20 years, and it is with that knowledge and experience that I make decisions. You do not have all the facts about this matter, I do.

a little story - I had a long running dispute with a horrible neighbour. They did every bad neighbour thing you can think of. Completely selfish sods. Anyway, coincidentally I had a wee spot o’ cancer (chemo, stem cell transplant, the whole nine yards) and one incident resulted in the neighbour assaulting me. I said, “what’s your intention here? Either you’re going to beat up a bloke with cancer, or a bloke with cancer is going to beat you up. Either way, it isn’t going to look good for you”.

anyway.... back to batteries

Last edited:
I’m going to delete all this stuff, but I would ask that you treat your issue as a separate matter to the free sharing of information. One is personal, the other public, and they are not associated.

Last edited:
I’m going to delete all this stuff, but I would ask that you treat your issue as a separate matter to the free sharing of information. One is personal, the other public, and they are not associated.
Once again you are completely wrong. I would suggest that you stop complaining on the forum about moderation.

Hi all. Have I missed something. I have been following an excellent thread. Suddenly after thread 62 it has gone topsy turvy. Also earlier another thread I was following suddenly disappeared. I spent a while going through a virus programme thinking I had a virus on my iPad removing things only to realise that they I presume had been deliberately removed. Please if this is to happen insert a thread saying removed by admin. Or,,,,,, Sorry to write this on what I believe is one of if not the best forum out. Brian,

Hi all. Have I missed something. I have been following an excellent thread. Suddenly after thread 62 it has gone topsy turvy. Also earlier another thread I was following suddenly disappeared. I spent a while going through a virus programme thinking I had a virus on my iPad removing things only to realise that they I presume had been deliberately removed. Please if this is to happen insert a thread saying removed by admin. Or,,,,,, Sorry to write this on what I believe is one of if not the best forum out. Brian,

Under some circumstances, I can be forced by a member to remove all traces of them from the forums. If this should happen I cannot state that it has happened or leave any trace or hints that it has.

Hi. Understood that it is your forum and I respect that. All I asked was as I have read on this forum before that a note be put, thread removed. ,Then people will know and not start panicking that they have a fault with there system or that something has happened to that person.

Hi. Understood that it is your forum and I respect that. All I asked was as I have read on this forum before that a note be put, thread removed. ,Then people will know and not start panicking that they have a fault with there system or that something has happened to that person.
But if I have to remove a thread and cannot reference it then posting a new thread that says “thread removed” but does not state which thread has been removed will just cause members to ask which thread?

Hi now I am lost. Thread 62 nabsim. Makes sense. Thread 63. Is blank. Thread 64 has gone pear shaped and the thread then deteriorated ,,,,where's thread 63. Been removed. ,,,,,,,,,,if it has then why can't it be said thread removed and the following threads which seem to me to be personal and weird be removed as well then the thread can continue on in its very informative and helpful way the other thread could just say threads on ,,,,,,,,been removed by admin. But it's your forum. I will take a step back and just watch for a while. My apologises to readers for being a bore on this subject. Brian

I think the problem is with the rules that are part of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) that mean that anyone can request to have each and every reference to them removed from a site, so as Phil says, you can't even put in a meaningful post to say a thread has been removed as to add meaning, you would likely have to reference a person who you are legally required to not reference.
(this is what I understand from Phils post and I have the same potential issues on my own Forum, although the situation has not reared its head as yet)

Thanks David. Now I can understand,,, in my case. ,,,,,,,,,,, Once again David to the rescue. Brian

Ordered the Inventer 98L off amazon , should arrive Friday ! £149 inc delivery , was very tempted by the Beko , but just a little too deep for where I want it :) .

Be interesting to see how it runs with the inverter and if the inrush is greater than the 93L (these fridges are so efficient, I think the 98L would have worked well in my van as well)

Hi carrotts. I removed the posts of mine (or bits of posts) in this thread (Phil didn’t remove them) as they were not relevant to the topic. The problem is the replies to them are still there which may cause confusion. Just ignore posts 63-74 - and after you’ve read it, this post will self destruct in 5 seconds.

This all happened because I tried to link to a site which is banned (censored) because the admin doesn’t agree with some things that site says and/or has a personal beef with the site author (who coincidentally, has since died of cancer).

I took them out because I was worried I would be banned from the forum.

Not sure about the other thread. Oh, I see, you mean post :). Just a note on terminology- the whole topic is a ‘thread‘. Each persons comment is called a ’post’. So you’re talking about posts disappearing within this thread.

Last edited:
If you look at the Beko manual it’s not as deep as it’s listed. The 60mm depth includes a 55mm air space.

Under Documents it’s TSE-1284-EN-FR-DA.PDF

Beko used to be a common site years ago, Curry’s, Comet and Iceland all had them in. The way I remember years though it could have been back in the 70s lol

nabsim or wildebus - have you got a battery protect doo dah to protect against discharging the battery too much and if so, what Amps one did you go for? I'm wondering what size to cope with that initial high startup load without tripping it.

I'm wondering what use they are as the Victron ones cut out at 10.5V which seems really low. That's not going to do the battery much good. The Votronic ones cut out at 10.7V, or they have a 'motor' one that cuts out at 11.8V which seems much more sensible.

Or are you just monitoring your batteries manually?

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back