Adventure b4 DEMent1a

South of Clermont Ferrand, passed both Magny Cours and Clermont race circuits. Now in the town of Massiac. By the river,and very nice it is to. I’ll either get my boots on or even take the bike around the town and take some time here.
Trouble is, I’m enjoying the empty roads so much. It’s a joy to drive over here, I’ve done 1286 kms and not one traffic jam. The motorways are empty. Even though roadworks. Great ?. Road signs dead easy to follow, just as well when I put the wrong town into the satnav, to many places with similar names. One town, Gien, I knew it was only 30 or so kms away, when it came up as 400 and some:
, I suspected it may have been wrong, somewhere in Germany apparently.?
Thanks for reading. Time for bed.

That soon petered outthe, I know for a fact you been somewhere since lol

At the aire in Massiac. All my neighbors have moved on from the aire. Got somewhere they need to be. Chatty lot, not. Two brits and half a dozen Dutch. This was my first aire owith company. Might just as well been on me own.
Before I go, I’ll tidy the mess they’ve left. Put stuff in the wheely bin, not near it. And is it so much trouble to close the lid?

Nothing to report today. Stayed put. Feeling rotten, Man flu. As I said to Nabs, been through the winter without a sniffle and then last night got through half a box of tissues and slept hardly a wink.
I’ll put no more on here until I’m on the move again.
Not asking for sympathy. But if you’ve got any going..........

Not such a bad night, had better. Got up early and cracked on. Drove a bit further than I intended, wanted to get into a major town and get a better data card. The 3, I bought with me hasn’t worked as well as I’d hoped. Don’t know if it was the card or the areas I was in. I know I’m a sad old so and so, but I do like my Radio 4. Just get into a program and it drops off. Those who know me,know my patience is endless, well until I lose it, then things get thrown and the air goes blueish.
Any way, I’m north of Barcelona in Granollers, in an aire, underneath a viaduct . Going to be noisy, maybe!
Had rain most of the way down, that was when it wasn’t sleeting.
Got to be honest, these roads are great. I’ve done a little over 500kms today, and been in one traffic jam, for about 5 minutes. There was a really long queue for those going into France from Spain. A lot of it was French going home after doing their shopping, fuel, vino and whatever’s cheaper. There’s ciggy and plonk shops for miles on the Spanish side.
For those experienced travelers, you’d know about this. It’s all new to me. I’ve still only had to go through one toll up to now. That’s the one around Evereux. Love it.
Terry, I found the nozzles and a coiled house I needed from, French B&Q. More importantly, it’s been used.
Note to self. Never, ever trust the water level indicator. It’s wrong. When you hear the pump hunting it’s cos the waters gone. Three lights or not, get some water, soon.
More tomorrow

Gone a bit inland today ‘ on a aire in Morella.# 52 in the book. How many times are you allowed to say, “Wow” on the same road. Followed the river Elbe here. The views are terrific. And their road system excellent. No doubt EU money, wonder where Westminster spends ours. Once we leave, no more pot holes, traffic jams around Stoke a mere memory. All that extra money. I won’t hold my breath. At least these guys made the EU work for them, instead of kicking and screaming at every turn. Not a rant, only expressing a view.
I’ll spend at least a day here. I’ve told my sister that I’ll be with her late Saturday early Sunday. Think it’s going to be Monday earliest. More later.

Last edited:
What happened to your man flu? Seems like it was very transitory....that was lucky! Sounds like you are really enjoying your trip, keep up the posts!
Ruth

“Sunday 10th. A week gone already. Where’s the time gone? I’m on a village aire at Simat de la Valldiga #78 in the book. Nothing special, but obviously popular, or that could be because I’m out of the mountains and closer to the coast.
For the first time I’m in the deck chair, shorts on, shirt off, not a pretty sight. Everyone here has got sunglasses on, mainly to stop the glare from the ultra white body, that’s plonked itself in front of them. Almost feel sorry for them, only almost.

Last night was interesting, . Knowing I had a long ,early drive. I got to bed early,must have dropped off almost immediately. Now for those who went Banham last year may guess woke me about 11. There was a b... rave thing. Rave Espanol. Not to worry sez I, it’ll be over soon. Soon turned out to 7 am. I’ll try again tonight to get some kip. Not that I’m going to count my chickens,cos they’re directly in front of the van. Only driving a couple of hundred kms tomorrow. Visiting big sister. The one who lives in Spain, where in Spain, I dunno, Spain. Thank goodness for postcodes.
I’ll give you all a break, the next few days will be family stuff.
Ps. As I finished this, the sun went behind the mountain. Instant evening.

Last edited:
Lol Del, why didn’t you join in at the rave, they may have had some good gear :)

Told you, Hill and adapt, if you like you can rave all night and sleep all day :)

Lol Del, why didn’t you join in at the rave, they may have had some good gear :)

Told you, Hill and adapt, if you like you can rave all night and sleep all day :)
?

Couldn’t find it. It was somewhere in the valley . ‘‘Twas echoing around the mountains. When I dropped down the hill to the service point, people there were keeper awake as well.
Pretty sure my “ravin’ Days are far behind me. I’m more of a quiet night in and a cup of tea, kinda guy. Old age is such a terrible thing.
I’m dreading it. So lucky, it’s bypassed me .?

?

Old age is such a terrible thing.
I’m dreading it. So lucky, it’s bypassed me .?
At least it sounds like it bypassed your brain, just need to work on the rest of you now :ROFLMAO:

Glad you're enjoying yourself Del;)

At least it sounds like it bypassed your brain, just need to work on the rest of you now :ROFLMAO:

Glad you're enjoying yourself Del;)

Whatchit. I don't look my age.

Okay ,I know I did once.

Glad you're enjoying yourself Del, must be an awesome experience.

Back on the road next Monday morning. To be honest I’m getting so used to this retirement lark, I could be persuaded to make it permanent. I’ve been staying with my sister, doing nothing much, mainly because there just isn’t time to do anything else. Loving it.

Have a look when Spanish F1 GP is Del, it’s usyally at Valencia but I haven’t checked this year yet. It’s not far from your sisters to there :)

You gave no time when retired mate lol

Back on the road again. Enjoyed my time with the family, I really must make the effort to see them more often.
After a nightmare getting lpg in Torreveija, I moved on to Vélez-Rubio #112 in the book. Nice enough again, it’s a freebie, so let’s not be picky. I must be getting soft. Sweat shirt on, and chilly. 10c here. Think I’ll give up on the hills for a while until the weather improves. Forecast is not great for the next few days. I’ll make for the coast again tomorrow. If I can’t find a good place, I’ll do what I did for the last week, park in a residential road. No one bothered me over 7 nights .
Even after the lpg vs satnav disaster in Torreveija, the grin factor is still around 8 out of 10. Even if I am chilly, and missing company a bit. Not a lot, a bit. My sister can talk for England.
More manana. Can’t put the accent over the n.

Keep posting, Del, great that you're enjoying it all - you deserve it ;) x

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back