Adventureb4Dementia3

Are you confusing me with something else who could walk on water?
Hopefully I’ll have a dryer day today, having to walk between several pairs of pants in the van is becoming challenging. Using the undercover drying place, would have resulted in me getting soaked en route. I would have swapped damp washing for a drenched me. Stay safe
I really think you'll have to explore the other side of the river, then you will be officially known as a man of Pomarao.

Hopefully I’ll have a dryer day today, having to walk between several pairs of pants in the van is becoming challenging. Using the undercover drying place, would have resulted in me getting soaked en route. I would have swapped damp washing for a drenched me. Stay safe
You could have worn your speedo's to run to the drying place. Washing would have been out the way drying and you would have got a shower. Result

Walking on water was never going to happen, you're more suited to putting more coal on the fiery furnaces.
As i said in a previous post have a word with Nick ( the bloke who lives on the boat) and ask him if he can sort out a trip in the fishing boat over the river, I was told it costs about €1 each way.
Spoon feeding is my specialty.

Glad you decided to stay out for the moment. Seems sensible not to drive 1200 miles through two badly affected countries if you are safe there. Feel for you with the washing though! Maybe crossing the river might not be permitted, depending on boat size distancing could be hard and it might not count as essential travel? Was planning to follow your trip back to see how it went crossing borders etc. Not planning on returning yet ourselves till end April very earliest, and probably later. The police in Portugal are quite sensible if you are straight with them, it's the people who kept trying to continue tours who they had issues with.

Last edited:
Glad you decided to stay out for the moment. Seems sensible not to drive 1200 miles through two badly affected countries if you are safe there. Feel for you with the washing though! Maybe crossing the river might not be permitted, depending on boat size distancing could be hard and it might not count as essential travel? Was planning to follow your trip back to see how it went crossing borders etc. Not planning on returning yet ourselves till end April very earliest, and probably later. The police in Portugal are quite sensible if you are straight with them, it's the people who kept trying to continue yours who they had issues with.

Thanks for that. I’ve always known that the folks who support my decision to stay, more than out way those took issue with it. Maybe it’s better to leave that topic there.
Crossing the river? I’m no wimp, at least I don’t think so. But when I see the fisherman constantly bailing the boat out when on the river, it doesn’t do anything for my confidence. No, I’ll stay this side of the river. I can spend all day walking the hills looking for someone to stand 2 metres from.😬
Today, Tuesday, one of our highlight days. The bread van visits today, on his bi- weekly delivery. Thursday, the greengrocer. Friday, the bakers 2nd day. It’s a simple life here. Suits me😬

Staying here in this semi paradise, I remain mindful of those struggling at home. Young families, possibly living in one or two rooms, trying their hardest to keep the kids entertained and fed, while they are unable to get out to work. A tower block is not the place to have to see this thing out.
Full timers. I hope you’ve found somewhere safe to stay. So much negativity out there.
I know I’m so fortunate.😇

Everyone is safe at home, thankfully. Looking to inflict myself on them again a little after Easter.

Looks like I’m getting used to being here. Dare not say, in a rut. About the only thing that I’ve done of interest is to go for a walk. The thing that made it special, was, wait for it.
I met someone coming the other way. The width of the track made it possible to maintain a 2 metre gap. Just as well, cos we must have had a closing speed of well over 5 mph.
That might give you an idea of how rural we are here. Walking nearly every day, 6 or 7 miles, in nearly a month, this bloke, an agricultural worker probably, was the first person I’ve seen, who wasn’t either a shepherd miles away, or someone in a vehicle. Bom Tada. Even fluent in the language now. 😬
Stay safe

Do you mean Boa Tarde? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The bread delivery might not be Tuesday, check when you see him/ her as Easter has lots of closed days. Could be Mon, Tues, weds closed!
Our bread person has had various names over the years:
Sadie the bread lady
Sophie with the baps ( that was Dave! Only time he got up in time to choose bread, they come about 7am here)
John the Baptist
Grumpy! Cos he was, and probably because he used to arrive at 6am!
Currently it's a new chap yet to be named!

Sounds a lovely place to wait it out.

Know the feeling not understanding the answer! Often they just move closer and shout louder when I say I don't comprehend!!
Our neighbour on one side has no car so have often taken her shopping in the past. Has no idea of social distancing but has finally worked out I can't take her shopping any more. So yesterday she arrived ( with 2 dozen eggs...and order for pancakes) and also a shopping list. Tried Google translate and it came up with 2kilos grimy chicken breasts, small chicken bricks ...5-8 feels & 2 kilo pears. Ended up sending photo for translation, to a friend who was working in the town and is Portuguese. She kindly bought it for me to save me going out. Turned out to be pears, two types of Apple's and tangerines! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: My neighbour does not read and write well at all, it transpires that it was her interpretation of the spellings.

Reading what Jagmanx had planned makes reading this sound tame. I do hope that your re- planning works out. That’s one thread I look forward to reading.
Here? Things drift on day by day. Getting bone idol tbh. Loving every minute. Just trickling along nicely.
Was getting a little concerned about my phone contract, after last year’s nonsense, being cut off after 62 days. Phoned Vodafone today and was told that I had 90 day’s roaming allowance, not 60 like several other service providers. And that my spending limit had been altered, so that if I stayed beyond the 90, I’d be charged for calls, and not just cut off. Even though I do expect to be home within the next 30 days or so, it is good to know that the phone is going to be okay.

Where I am is not brilliant for a signal. One bar most of the time, two if I’m lucky. The 3 mifi has run out of credit, so entertainment is either buffering tv or a book. Time to dig out the Maxtor . To see what I can find on that. When I finally do get home, I must get my head around loading box sets on it. Don’t watch tv at home. There’s always something better to do. Although I do confess to liking things like Our Girl, Luther and In Line Of Duty. Never thought that would happen.

Going to try something new tonight. As I’ve said many times. My cooking skills are pretty basic. I’ve been given some herbs and spices. Not sure about the spices. But tonight will feature herby veg. No big thing. To you maybe. It’s a great leap of faith to me. Forty four years married to a great cook, I’ve never needed to progress further than shop bought pie and mash with Bisto gravy. Life moves on, dragging me with it. 😬

Entertaining night last night. 90 minutes of thunderbolts and lightening, very, very frightening me. Galileo.
Lights off in the van, all blinds open. What a light show. Better than the telly.
I don’t know about you lot with coach built vans . A PVC is pretty noisy in heavy rain. And according to the weather forecast, I’ll have the pleasure of it again tonight. It’s a tough life!
Having to ration my tea bags now Ken. Limited to 3 cups a day. Started on the Typhoo’s you gave me. Running out of tea seems a pathetic reason to return home. So drinking more coffee.

Very wet day yesterday and another today. It doesn’t rain here often, but when it does, it doesn’t mess about.
Looking back on photos I took last year. It was within a day or two of the torrential rain I had in Sines last year. Maybe in April, in Portugal, I should expect precipitation. Hopefully, I’ll be able to prove that theory next year.
Listening to the radio 4 weather forecast, this morning, there’s another similarity, the UK has wall to wall sunshine. That said, at 8am it’s 22c in the van. So wet, not cold 👍
The problems we’re experiencing with the virus, puts my whinging about the fuel strike last year into perspective. That said, this time, I do have a full tank of diesel 😀
Stay safe.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back