Adventureb4Dementia3

Trotter

Sunday night ferry to Dieppe was lumpy, no worse than that. Dennis was just about out of puff by then.
Short break to get some kip at Montville. Then down to just outside Orleans. Nice quiet village a little way off the D2020. Hopefully get a good nights sleep before cracking on tomorrow. If that works, it would nice to get as far as Perpignan tomorrow. We’ll see. We are trying to get into Spain ASAP, then take a little more time coming back north.

All sorted now. Back on the road. Got some miles under our belts today, after a slow start. Stopping the night on the Aire at Faverrolles no 108 in the Limousin & Auvergne pages. It’s only going to be a flying visit. We are a bit behind schedule.
Impressive viaduct, Viaduc de Garabit. Built by the Eiffel bloke. Busy little French person wasn’t he. Nice, although not a patch on Ironbridge 🤪

Last edited:
Not enough detail on polar steps either. What was with the irate Frenchman? What was wrong with Reg’s van? Who cooked the spag Bol? 😂

Spag Bol. Cooked by Val in Durham, frozen and brought with them. I don’t think any garlic was harmed in the making of same.
Reg’s van was suffering from a leaking O ring on the common rail. No, I don’t know what that is either.🥱
Irate Frenchman. We stopped at Montville in the early hours, in the dark, knackered, fresh off the boat. While eating my breakfast, toast and marmalade ( trying to give full disclosure here ). I heard a raised voice, looking out of the window, I saw a Gallic gentleman, waving his arms, remonstrating in our general direction. Apparently, we had parked far to close to the services area. A gentle knock on the door would have made us more sympathetic to his dilemma. Yes we were close to the service, anywhere else, anyone could have used it. We moved across the Aire, giving full access to it , were another French person, a colleague apparently, drove on and emptied his cassette. And then parked up.
Entant cordial?
Arrived in Spain about 3 pm yesterday, and at the Hypermarket looked for somewhere to stop over night. Picked Besalu, #14 in the book. A fortified town, very picturesque. Not sure what Val & Reg want to day. I’ll let them decide what we do next.

The decision was made to spend another day here. Walked along the river, then back into the town/ village. This to me is the real Spain. Mountains, fortified villages, rivers. The sun and sangria Spain might be other people’s cup of Yorkshire tea, but not mine. We are at 150 metres, mid February, and in t shirts. 😬. Life is so hard😛

The decision was made to spend another day here. Walked along the river, then back into the town/ village. This to me is the real Spain. Mountains, fortified villages, rivers. The sun and sangria Spain might be other people’s cup of Yorkshire tea, but not mine. We are at 150 metres, mid February, and in t shirts. 😬. Life is so hard😛
Stair rods and wind here. Had to move the van to find some shelter. Should’ve come to Spain!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back