Adventureb4Dementia3

First night solo. Reg and Val, my travelling companions decided to return to the UK yesterday morning. Along with Lee, Lin Da, Ken and Jan. I hope their journey goes well.
Great meeting up with you all. Thank you for the supplies. Think that’s what I’ll do in the future. If another member is near me in Europe, and they fancy a meet up for a few days. That would be the way I’ll try to organise my future trips. I’m getting a little better talking to strangers en route . The mantra “There are no strangers in Van life, only best friends you haven’t met yet”. Is a fact.
One day I’ll get used to the ability of foreigners to speak English.
Going solo again seems a little strange, but I’ll soon get used to it. This has been my first trip in company. Tbh, it hasn’t been as stressful as I thought it could have been. Having to consider other people’s problems was something I wasn’t quite prepared for. Although being able help out when things went wrong made me feel, useful. Something I’d missed since retiring.
Wet yesterday afternoon, misty this morning. But once the sun comes up, that will soon burn off.
Plans are to start heading home on Friday. Leaving this village will be difficult. One thing I do know, I will be back.

Been following your travels with interest. I am sure we will hear if you get put in quarantine after crossing into Spain as on other post. Be interesting to see your route back. We are safe in Portugal at the moment in our holiday home so don't need to decide when to start crossing borders for a few weeks. I am sure the sat nav will try innovative routes, ours has tried various rough tracks in its time, also some very pretty roads. Stay safe. If worried about cough syrup....try some agua dente ( local firewater) it kills most bugs and is very similar to cough syrup imho!

How you doing, Del? Still safe over there?
Yes! I’m fine, enjoying the sun, and the freedom to walk the local hills.
Looking forward to seeing Nic and the family again, and at the same time wanting to stay here.
‘Tis an odd feeling tbh. Leaving for home Friday, expecting to be there Tuesday.
More importantly, how are you? Staying safe, wrapped in cotton wool I hope.
Let’s all hope that this thing is sorted soon.

hope you’ve got yourself sorted derek i’m sure once you get on the rd you’ll be fine it really is a pleasure to be on the roads with so little traffic, a few cars around the cities other than that just trucks we saw one police checkpoint in 1000mls other than police at the borders like driving in the sixties lol, fuel in spain about €1:08 avg and off the motorway in france approx €1:20 though it’s about €1:50 on the m/ways , at Auchan irun just before the border we brimmed it at €0:97 , remember just relax & enjoy the drive , hope your little one feeling better

On the move today. Not certain what I’ll be going into. Little one seems to be on the mend, her mother maybe showing symptoms. So, possibly spending sometime in the van at home.
When I get to Beja, I’ll try to get some lpg. The adapter I have doesn’t always fit the gun, this will be changed before the next trip.
If I do get some, I’ll phone Nic and either continue home, or return here.
Lin Da. Happy you both got home safely. Enjoyed your company. And Lee of course, up to a point 😜.
Ken and Jan, should be home sometime today, Reg and Val the same.
Stay safe, see you all soon. Ish. 👍

What a difference a day makes, or in my case 10 hours.
On my way home, I stopped in Beja, filled with diesel and lpg.
Phoned Nic, for further instructions, I know my place. The instruction was to try and change my train booking and return to Pomaro. As you can imagine, I put up one hell of a fight, but came second. Booking changed to any time before 10th October, as long as I pre book.
Whilst In Beja, I did a big shop and got everything I could think of. Not what I needed unfortunately. But enough. I’ve got to be the world’s worst shopper. My brain goes into melt down, just as I put the coin in the trolley.
Stay safe all.👍

Back to paradise then.
Keep ys informed of what we are missing.
Enjoy the long walks in the hills, I was talking to Norman and Brenda and if you ask you can get the fisherman to take you across the river, it might be worth asking so you can explore the other side.
Stay safe and enjoy the isolation.

You know I'd be parked right alongside jealous that's all , you will be the master there next year you will have to show us around now , seriously stay safe & enjoy

, you will be the master there next year you will have to show us around now ,
Not sure I’ll ever be the “experienced” individual again. It’s something that has always turned on me and bit my bum.🥺
History has a way of repeating itself. There are born leaders, I missed out on that gene.

Pavement being split by the intense heat of the sun? Sadly not. Atm, I’m surrounded by damp washing hanging in the van. It’s persistently precipitating outside .
This morning I’ve cleaned the fridge, not before time. Real van life, at the sharp end. Warts and all.
Been on here, agreeing and disagreeing in turn with other members. Always a joy 🥺.
Don’t expect to do much else today. This self isolating, even in Portugal takes all day. Probably chip in on Phil’s 1800 vid call. More than likely give HM’s chat a miss.
Stay safe folks. Got to go, got to watch my washing dry.

Pavement being split by the intense heat of the sun? Sadly not. Atm, I’m surrounded by damp washing hanging in the van. It’s persistently precipitating outside .
This morning I’ve cleaned the fridge, not before time. Real van life, at the sharp end. Warts and all.
Been on here, agreeing and disagreeing in turn with other members. Always a joy 🥺.
Don’t expect to do much else today. This self isolating, even in Portugal takes all day. Probably chip in on Phil’s 1800 vid call. More than likely give HM’s chat a miss.
Stay safe folks. Got to go, got to watch my washing dry.
You could always watch the grass grow for a little light relief.😬

You could always watch the grass grow for a little light relief.😬
Sorry to report there's not that much grass around and because it's been dry for so long the moisture doesn't hang around for long.
He could man up and go for another walk, even if it is raining.
I'll await Dels reply, keep it it clean 😁😁😁

Sorry to report there's not that much grass around and because it's been dry for so long the moisture doesn't hang around for long.
He could man up and go for another walk, even if it is raining.
I'll await Dels reply, keep it it clean 😁😁😁
You’re perfectly correct, I could man up. Not easy for a dedicated wimp. 🖕

I really think you'll have to explore the other side of the river, then you will be officially known as a man of Pomarao.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back