Air compressor

Using comps in my biz i can tell you that at 9 cfm you aint going to be using many air tools,maybe a air stapple gun or a small good gravity spray gun like a iwata side cup with 1.5 fluid nozel or a parafin gun,forget air wrenches as 20/25 cfm is min,we were using 25 in w/shop to spray using a binks 630 gun.
I would agree with Trev, here.
I use my small Compressor for tyres and I have a Mirka DA Sander but that will only run for short periods due to the limited tank (fine for hobby work but not professional stuff). I find the DeVilbiss Spray Gun works fine, but that is mostly a spot gun with a small nozzle as Trev talks about.

Using comps in my biz i can tell you that at 9 cfm you aint going to be using many air tools,maybe a air stapple gun or a small good gravity spray gun like a iwata side cup with 1.5 fluid nozel or a parafin gun,forget air wrenches as 20/25 cfm is min,we were using 25 in w/shop to spray using a binks 630 gun.

Thanks for that Trev, I am very new to this sort of thing, and am very happy to simply check my tyres reliably. Anything else would just be a bonus. ?

[QUOTE="wildebus, post: 99933, member: 173"
I use my small Compressor for tyres and I have a Mirka DA Sander but that will only run for short periods due to the limited tank (fine for hobby work but not professional stuff). [/QUOTE]I have a couple of compressors and the smallest at 9cfm with a 50ltr tank is great for small jobs, I can use all my air tools although sometimes I have to wait for the pressure to build up if using a DA sander, air drill, air ratchet, impact wrench, air saw, nail gun etc. but as you tend not to be using these tools 100% of the time this isn't a problem, we are not talking about workshop use here we are talking about hobbyist use, I resprayed my front bumper with a £9.99 gravity feed spray gun from Lidl with the 9cfm compressor, I had to be careful to keep the pressure up to avoid losing the spray fan pattern and consistency but anything is possible just take your time

[QUOTE="wildebus, post: 99933, member: 173"
I use my small Compressor for tyres and I have a Mirka DA Sander but that will only run for short periods due to the limited tank (fine for hobby work but not professional stuff).
I have a couple of compressors and the smallest at 9cfm with a 50ltr tank is great for small jobs, I can use all my air tools although sometimes I have to wait for the pressure to build up if using a DA sander, air drill, air ratchet, impact wrench, air saw, nail gun etc. but as you tend not to be using these tools 100% of the time this isn't a problem, we are not talking about workshop use here we are talking about hobbyist use, I resprayed my front bumper with a £9.99 gravity feed spray gun from Lidl with the 9cfm compressor, I had to be careful to keep the pressure up to avoid losing the spray fan pattern and consistency but anything is possible just take your time[/QUOTE]

I AWAYS take my time these days Tel..........

Not that it is needed, to my conclusions, but if you want to have as dry possible air in your tires, first filll compressor with as high possible pressure, before filling the tires.
Then you have the lowest humidity.
The condensed water youthen must flud once in a while.trough the valve for it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back