Air Fryers,

We have a Mini Airfrer & its great for motorhoming ,,,, We do sausage sandwiches for breakfast / burgers for tea done in tne A/F & no mess as everything contained inside so just a simples clean out without spitting all over a cooker !!!

I have 6L and 4L Philips air fryers plus a cheap 2L Salter. All are good, work like mini fan ovens cooking about 25% faster than a conventional oven. I haven't actually used an oven since acquiring the air fryers, two of which were review samples.

I have a large Ninja model at home been using for a couple of years now and was so pleased with it I bought a small one for the MH.. A 1,5L one from ASDA (george at home) it is 900W and very pleased with it so far espescially as it only cost £25.🙂(y)

I have a dual basket jobby. Definitely handy over thr single basket type had before.
Lakeland have a 20 % discount code currently which makes their price very good on the two they sell.
Thanks for the tip off on Lakeland discount, got one last week, what a great bit of kit, works really well.

It seems ages since my last stoopid question---------------------but what would you suggest for two geriatrics in a 25 year old wreck of a van with a 120 solar panel and 3 x 120 batteries plus a fairly constant 13.8 +/- v input. Our 'van oven has never been used (probably from new looking at it) it's just another cupboard, it may be nice to have another alternative to the Ridge Monkeys and the gas rings. Ta in advance, Peter

It seems ages since my last stoopid question---------------------but what would you suggest for two geriatrics in a 25 year old wreck of a van with a 120 solar panel and 3 x 120 batteries plus a fairly constant 13.8 +/- v input. Our 'van oven has never been used (probably from new looking at it) it's just another cupboard, it may be nice to have another alternative to the Ridge Monkeys and the gas rings. Ta in advance, Peter
You should be getting 14.4v input, something wrong there, pos poor regulator pmw instead of mppt.

I agree about gas ovens in vans idiot designer for my van situated the oven 6ft high above our fridge freezer, so it has never been used in 16 years, but used as storage for towels and wiping up clothes too dangerous as an ove who would want to remove tray of boiling fat or oil from above their heads with cooking meats etc in it madness.

You should be getting 14.4v input, something wrong there, pos poor regulator pmw instead of mppt.
Sorry Trev I should have said that is the reading from the solar panel only, when the engine is running the output is as you say 14 and a bit

I guess not, but thanks anyway
Peter

We finally made a decision on which Air Fryer to get, it is a DAEWOO 12 litre Rotisserie with shelves and a rotating drum option,.£89 from Robert Dyas , My wife loves it ,[ so far ], , we have made a pork casserole , and pastries in it so far and all is delicious, we also bought an Air Fryer cook book too, so lots of goodies to look forward to, many thanks for all the help and advice received from you who have airfryers, , we made eccles cakes , cheese and bacon puff pastry savouries and strange short crust pastry peanut butter snails , very tasty too hee hee,

IMG_20230604_145634.jpg

SODS LAW in action today, went to a local Car Boot sale today and hey ho an Air Fryer for sale. Tower single drawer under a year old nice and clean and fully working lady said so we bought it for a fiver, my wife has just made Cheesy Crumpets in it and I am about to test them out yum yum. Tear and Share Cheesy Crumpets , make some Garlic butter, spread over Crumpets cover Crumpets with grated Cheeses of choice [ but must include some Mortserela ? and some dryed or chopped Parsley, ] to make the tearing gooey Lay on a tray and cook in the Air Fryer for 8 minutes DEEEEElICIOUS good supper snack to,

IMG_20230607_150926.jpgIMG_20230607_150935.jpgIMG_20230607_145025.jpgIMG_20230607_145307.jpgIMG_20230607_145258.jpg

Last edited:
Cant go wrong for a fiver. One for the home and one for the MH?

Guess I'll have to think about one of these soon. Still using a halogen oven that I got from a charity shop some years back, when the element in the previous one packed up. The timer doesn't always click down now so I have to keep checking my watch.

However, how can you fit a pizza in? They all look so small.

Guess I'll have to think about one of these soon. Still using a halogen oven that I got from a charity shop some years back, when the element in the previous one packed up. The timer doesn't always click down now so I have to keep checking my watch.

However, how can you fit a pizza in? They all look so small.
What works quite well in the Air Fryer are the French Bread Pizzas - if you recall them - and still around (well, more rectangular than round ;) )

SODS LAW in action today, went to a local Car Boot sale today and hey ho an Air Fryer for sale. Tower single drawer under a year old nice and clean and fully working lady said so we bought it for a fiver, my wife has just made Cheesy Crumpets in it and I am about to test them out yum yum. Tear and Share Cheesy Crumpets , make some Garlic butter, spread over Crumpets cover Crumpets with grated Cheeses of choice [ but must include some Mortserela ? and some dryed or chopped Parsley, ] to make the tearing gooey Lay on a tray and cook in the Air Fryer for 8 minutes DEEEEElICIOUS good supper snack to,

View attachment 67973View attachment 67974View attachment 67975View attachment 67976View attachment 67977
my first one was that one (the writing on the top can come off if washed too agressively. Only fault I had).

I have noticed that there is no cover plate under the heating element been removed for cleaning I assume and not put back but hey ho it works well so will try and access a new cover somewhere but so far no luck?

View attachment 67973View attachment 67974View attachment 67975View attachment 67976View attachment 67977
Well Trigger that's my diet getting postponed ...again... LOL

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back