ARe you running CP rated tyres?

As there are new to market premium tyres they are expensive But the price is fluctating so worth checking the online retailers regularly A quick check on my size showed tyreleader.co.uk slighly cheaper oophs blackcircles are now cheaper

And as these are all new sizes I wouldn’t be concerned about buying old stock

Eg

Mytyres
Gigatyres
Tyreleader
Blackcircles
Camskill

Could also be worth checking for any buy 4 michelin deals Got a full set of crossclimates for my fathers Fiat Panda last month with 50 off at ATSEUROMASTER

Also could be worth ringing Costco to seewhat they can do them for

Last edited:
‘Could also try Asdatyres.co.uk And if you know anyone who works thre they maybe able to get a 10% discount

Hi, sounds like you are sorted now. But thought I would post this anyway.... Are your wheels 5 or 6 stud ones?
I suspect they are 5 as your base vehicle was originally 3.5t. The heavier sprinter Mk1 (and VW LT variant) came with 6 stud 15" wheels and the 16" inch from the later model was a straight swapover.
Clearance for bigger wheels and tyres doesn't seem to be an issue, but it will affect the speed and acceleration if you change of course. I went from 195/70 to 215/70 (so a small increase only) on my dually to get better effective gearing and the Speedo now under reads by around 2% (for some reason the final drive on the dually is much lower than the single rear wheel and MB & VW fit 195 as standard instead of the 215 on the single wheel)

Hi Dave mine are the 5 stud version and when I thought I would have to get bigger rims I struggled to find anything that was tuv approved for load rating. I may well be wrong but a lot of the 5 stud wheels looked to be for lighter vans rathe4 than 2.5 ton axle.

I did find some for the twin wheel axle but they were completely different figment, while my motorh9me was first registered in January 2007 it was built on the up to 2005 chassis cab but don’t know any more than that apart from 2.7 diesel 316 CDTI.

If you know of a source of good 15” steel wheels or 16” steel wheels could you let me know please, I have only found odd rough steel wheels on eBay. I don’t want 16” now but may do in the future if Conti stop doing the 115 rating

I do think you will have a stuggle TBH. Most >3.5t seem to be twin rear wheels (either Dual or Tag).
Mercedes did bring out what they called a "Super Single" as an option instead of the Dual Wheel fitting, so those wheels would have the load rating, but I am pretty sure they only did this on the 2nd Gen Sprinter, so would be 6 stud AND 16" as well.

I do think you will have a stuggle TBH. Most >3.5t seem to be twin rear wheels (either Dual or Tag).
Mercedes did bring out what they called a "Super Single" as an option instead of the Dual Wheel fitting, so those wheels would have the load rating, but I am pretty sure they only did this on the 2nd Gen Sprinter, so would be 6 stud AND 16" as well.
No worries, wasn’t sure from other post if you meant there were loads :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back