Best accessory for a motorhome

For me it's:

1. Gasit refillable gas bottles and external fill point. These have now paid for themselves but far more importantly I haven't wrestled with a Calor bottle in just over 2 years!
2. 300W solar panel, solar controller and battery monitor so I don't need an EHU even in winter (I'm not a big power user).
3. An extra leisure battery.
4. An internet radio so that I can listen to pretty much anything, pretty much anywhere.
5. LED lights in all the original light fittings.
6. Purpose made storage for pots, pans, cutlery and crockery so that everything is to hand and nothing rattles!
7. A Hozelock patio cassette hose and every variation of end fitting I could find.
8. A homemade fitting with an on/off valve that connects the hose end to the water tank inlet.
I've just realised that you're thinking I'm a really sad old moho-er so I'll stop here.

Colin ???
9, 10 litre water carrier for drinking water.
10, Spare 240 Yorkshire Tea bags.

Think you’ve just about summed it up Colin. No you’re not a sad old Moho er. Incredibly experienced maybe.

Battery to battery charger (with lithium battery if budget allows) always arrive on site with a fully charged and properly maintained battery. In my opinion more important than a good mains charger, if you are on a hook up achieving less than 100% charge is not a big issue as long as the battery gets treated properly before arriving and before being stored. Off hook up you want 100% on arrival.

I have a few accessories in my motorhome that I would not want to be without.

What are the best accessories that you have for your motorhome?

Lots of (mostly) sensible feedback here, Phil.
Which of these brilliant ideas will you be taking on board to bring your Moho up to date? I don't want to appear harsh here, but an update is frankly somewhat overdue.

Colin ???

One of my best features is actually one Phil discarded!

I am well chuffed with those Lead-Carbon Batteries I got off Phil. If you can't run to Lithiums (and have the available payload) they are probably the best RV batteries you can have.

I also have a fan mounted on the wall by the bed. I always have it on whilst sleeping. It moves the air around in the winter to keep an even temperature and in the summer it can be pointed directly at me for cooling.

I have a new toy this week which is a CoolMyCamper portable air conditioning system that I should be able to run on solar and the leave at home when the weather is cooler.

One of my best features is actually one Phil discarded!

I am well chuffed with those Lead-Carbon Batteries I got off Phil. If you can't run to Lithiums (and have the available payload) they are probably the best RV batteries you can have.
They are great batteries and as close to lithium as a lead-acid can be, just soooooo heavy.

Battery to battery charger (with lithium battery if budget allows) always arrive on site with a fully charged and properly maintained battery. In my opinion more important than a good mains charger, if you are on a hook up achieving less than 100% charge is not a big issue as long as the battery gets treated properly before arriving and before being stored. Off hook up you want 100% on arrival.

9, 10 litre water carrier for drinking water.
10, Spare 240 Yorkshire Tea bags.

Think you’ve just about summed it up Colin. No you’re not a sad old Moho er. Incredibly experienced maybe.
11, Spare gas regulator. From my experience earlier this year, this should be #1.

Not sure I'd get away with classing my wife as an accessory, but the following are
Refillable gas bottles
Solar and inverter
Towbar so I can take my motorbike
And my Cadac so I can BBQ every day
Nearly forgot, good tool kit so you can add and modify things on your travels

Hi Phil did you recommend Safefill gas bottles to me at the Rutland Water meet? I'm at Norfolk C&C Show and they've got them here, Monica

Solar panel and three batteries on this van also the gas bottles I would like bigger capacity for gar but no where to put another fixed bottle unles it went on the roof no room underneath it at all. Prop shaft get in the way.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back