CAMH Renewal Cancelled

marchie

Cancelled Membership Renewal, partly because the Fees were only advised yesterday, 15 days before renewal; but also because of the Website Hack, the slow website, and the 'Pitches from £9.65' nonsense when it's a per person price and there is a separate fee charged for the pitch, mking it impossible to book at the advertised price. We used the CLs a couple of time last year, usualy for a night travelling south and one travelling north from the Ferry, at the Smallholding, Congleton. Not good value for £63pa plus Site Fees

Steve

Did the same the year before Steve but kept the C&CC subscription as they do have the option to use services for a fee at some sites. Usually with it being just me and the dogs it was nearly always more expensive on the CAMC anyway. No old git discount and all the ones I used charge for two adults I think.
One size definitely doesn’t fit all when it comes to clubs, you have to go with the one that most suits your use

Cancelled Membership Renewal, partly because the Fees were only advised yesterday, 15 days before renewal; but also because of the Website Hack, the slow website, and the 'Pitches from £9.65' nonsense when it's a per person price and there is a separate fee charged for the pitch, mking it impossible to book at the advertised price. We used the CLs a couple of time last year, usualy for a night travelling south and one travelling north from the Ferry, at the Smallholding, Congleton. Not good value for £63pa plus Site Fees

Steve
Wife cancelled our DD for August when renewal is upon us for the same reasons..... PPPNight what's all that about did our heads in when booking a site how many singles do you see when on site . Sites are Good can't knock them for that but Rip Off CAMH is out for us.

Yes I too have cancelled for the same reasons .. it's a "rip off" charging nearly double for two people.
I also wrote to them indicating my disgust that they are using club money to sponsor British Surfing championships and have sponsored a motor racing team in the past. Why? ... the sceptic in me imagines that one or two of the directors go surfing or motor racing? Or is that too cynical?

Did the same the year before Steve but kept the C&CC subscription as they do have the option to use services for a fee at some sites. Usually with it being just me and the dogs it was nearly always more expensive on the CAMC anyway. No old git discount and all the ones I used charge for two adults I think.
One size definitely doesn’t fit all when it comes to clubs, you have to go with the one that most suits your use
I've looked at the C&CC, Neil [was a Member before joining CAMH, but cancelled because of the 2 night minimum stay rule and in anger at their 'well just turn up, and if there's space, you can stay 1 night' response [300+ miles to Clent and if there's no space?]. But the Services at £7.65 a pop does look attractive, and would avoid the 'hope we can make it from the Hagley Bypass Overnighter to the Services at Gaydon to avoid using the cassette' gamble :ROFLMAO:

Waiting for the tanks to drain after sterilisation, so time to reflect on the best option!

Steve

I've looked at the C&CC, Neil [was a Member before joining CAMH, but cancelled because of the 2 night minimum stay rule and in anger at their 'well just turn up, and if there's space, you can stay 1 night' response [300+ miles to Clent and if there's no space?]. But the Services at £7.65 a pop does look attractive, and would avoid the 'hope we can make it from the Hagley Bypass Overnighter to the Services at Gaydon to avoid using the cassette' gamble :ROFLMAO:

Waiting for the tanks to drain after sterilisation, so time to reflect on the best option!

Steve
We are Members of the C&CC so do have the choice to pop on a nice organised site if we wish Moffat was a good example.

We cancelled ours last June ,mostly due to their draconian wardens at sites....
What topped it off was " you can't use that water it is for caravans only"

I'm not surprised prices are going up. Chatting to a (friendly) warden on a site last year he told me the Club's electric bill for the previous year. Can't remember what it was now, but it was huge, and energy prices have gone up again since.

I admit to switching my heating to electric while on site instead of gas, but never more than 18degC, and I of others who bump it up to mid-20s "because it's free".

So we're back to selfish and entitled people again, and the reason some sites are metering EHU points.

Cancelled Membership Renewal, partly because the Fees were only advised yesterday, 15 days before renewal; but also because of the Website Hack, the slow website, and the 'Pitches from £9.65' nonsense when it's a per person price and there is a separate fee charged for the pitch, mking it impossible to book at the advertised price. We used the CLs a couple of time last year, usualy for a night travelling south and one travelling north from the Ferry, at the Smallholding, Congleton. Not good value for £63pa plus

Steve
We binned them a long time ago Steve .

We will be cancelling later in the year. I asked what the percentage of site occupancy was this year in comparison with last, to see how many other people were favouring equally good and cheaper places at their expense. That information is 'commercially sensitive' and they wouldn't share it.

It's a ****** club - it belongs to the members! And yet they won't tell us whether their short sighted decisions are resulting in a loss of income.

Did you get asked your reasons for leaving @marchie ?

We will be cancelling later in the year. I asked what the percentage of site occupancy was this year in comparison with last, to see how many other people were favouring equally good and cheaper places at their expense. That information is 'commercially sensitive' and they wouldn't share it.

It's a ****** club - it belongs to the members! And yet they won't tell us whether their short sighted decisions are resulting in a loss of income.

Did you get asked your reasons for leaving @marchie ?
No, Jo, not yet. But I thonk that CAMH are expecting a decent number of cancellations, with the 'If you have decided not to continue your membership for another year, you can cancel your Direct Debit mandate through your bank. Please also let us know too, by emailing the team' sign off.

Steve

Email received just after 5pm; ' Sorry you're leaving us; Magazine labels prepared weeks in advance, so you may receive a couple after cancellation. Any connected policies will continue until expiry unless you cancel them'

Steve

Just in the interest of balance...

We use the C&MC a good deal...especially the one at Folkestone before we cross though the tunnel. I did however cancel our C&CC membership a couple of years ago now as I worked out that we hadn't stayed on one of their sites for over 4 years plus on the occasions I tried to book 1 night stays I was told that they only did 2 nighters. These may have been weekends but still...

Just in the interest of balance...

We use the C&MC a good deal...especially the one at Folkestone before we cross though the tunnel. I did however cancel our C&CC membership a couple of years ago now as I worked out that we hadn't stayed on one of their sites for over 4 years plus on the occasions I tried to book 1 night stays I was told that they only did 2 nighters. These may have been weekends but still...
Both Clubs are guilty of not keeping pace with modern caravanning/motorhoming usage, IMO, Graham and have operational structures that belong to the era of Pathé News Reel footage. [Voiceover]: 'Here comes Mr Smith with the M/Home keys to prepare for the driving, whilst Mrs Smith has the provisions for the weekend's fun and the kiddies follow on, equipped with buckets and spades for those sandcastle building works ...'

We went to our [only] CAMH Rally, and were instructed to meet at the flagpole at 1730 to raise tha Flag and make the pledge of allegiance to the Monarch ...

Steve

Both Clubs are guilty of not keeping pace with modern caravanning/motorhoming usage, IMO, Graham and have operational structures that belong to the era of Pathé News Reel footage. [Voiceover]: 'Here comes Mr Smith with the M/Home keys to prepare for the driving, whilst Mrs Smith has the provisions for the weekend's fun and the kiddies follow on, equipped with buckets and spades for those sandcastle building works ...'

We went to our [only] CAMH Rally, and were instructed to meet at the flagpole at 1730 to raise tha Flag and make the pledge of allegiance to the Monarch ...

Steve
Fekk me ! That is a , very , convincing argument . Will join immediately .
My erse .
I am a member of C&CC . Use them very occasionally 1-2 times a year . Probably used their services more often .
No idea how these organisations operate but they certainly have a whiff of Victorianism about them

Steve
I've seen the two night minimum requirement mentioned before, but have just tried dummy bookings at a C&CC club site for 1 night, both midweek and weekends, and the website was happy to accept. Maybe it's just at peak periods.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back