CAMH Renewal Cancelled

I've seen the two night minimum requirement mentioned before, but have just tried dummy bookings at a C&CC club site for 1 night, both midweek and weekends, and the website was happy to accept. Maybe it's just at peak periods.
I checked yesterday [one of 3 C&CC Downloads] on the C&CC Fact Sheet, and this shows the minimum Stay for every site, in Low, Medium and High Season. The majority [I didn't pore over the details forensically] were 2 nights, and since I'm already handicapped by being insured with Aviva, who offer only 60 nights Unoccupancy Cover, I don't want to waste time and money, by booking for days that I could use abroad

Both Clubs and Aviva have no concept of modern leisure patterns, and all three are overly bureauctratic, inflexible, complacent and greedy

Steve
CAMH do charge per person.
As I pointed out in the original post! I also mentioned the charge for the pitch as well ...

Steve

Last edited:
Must admit I have never noticed the 2 day stay with C&CC. On the rare occasion I use them I just go online and book what I want and it’s always let me do it. Last time I used a site to stop overnight was Salisbury back end of last year and then I only stayed one night.
Not only that, when I turned up they couldn’t find my booking, I showed them on my phone and they did a bit of digging. Turned out I had booked it for the next day, no problem they said, we can change that for you. 👍
It was me said about cmhc charging for 2 people @marchie i thought I had had that somewhere but looks like I am mistaken 👍

Wife cancelled our DD for August when renewal is upon us for the same reasons..... PPPNight what's all that about did our heads in when booking a site how many singles do you see when on site . Sites are Good can't knock them for that but Rip Off CAMH is out for us.
It was a crap club when it was just called the Caravan club we were in it for 1 year in those days you had to book everything send a £2 cheque refundable off the fees for the rally park in straight lines etc oh the hassle some even wore suits, we then joined the CCC much better very laid back and no booking, we are vintage members now and all sites etc have age consesdion so that makes it cheaper oo

It was a crap club when it was just called the Caravan club we were in it for 1 year in those days you had to book everything send a £2 cheque refundable off the fees for the rally park in straight lines etc oh the hassle some even wore suits, we then joined the CCC much better very laid back and no booking, we are vintage members now and all sites etc have age consesdion so that makes it cheaper oo
Yes noticed that with the C&CC when we were given the concession & knocked it off our site fee it more or less paid for our membership on one site booking in one go Brill.

We dropped the CMHC last year for the same reasons, but we kept the C&CC because we use the Out and About app where we can be anywhere in the country and see if there's a DA in the area with a THS Tempory holiday site. They generally work out about £10 -£15/night, usually have entertainment, fund raising etc. really good.

Reg and Val

I'm with CAMC and the member discounts more than cover the membership , ferry to Ireland charged at car rate on Stena covers the membership alone without all the other discounts.

Been in CaMC for ten years now, keep meaning to cancel as I never use their sites or CLs except as a fall back if desperate - but I haven't been that desperate for at least 4 years. I did actually remember to cancel the DD one year (6 years ago?) but they phoned me up and begged me to stay and gave me a £20 voucher so I set it up again.

C&CC on the other hand - I use their sites, CSs & rallies quite a bit, and because I'm a Veteran Member the annual membership is only a tad over £20, so much better value for money.

Been in CaMC for ten years now, keep meaning to cancel as I never use their sites or CLs except as a fall back if desperate - but I haven't been that desperate for at least 4 years. I did actually remember to cancel the DD one year (6 years ago?) but they phoned me up and begged me to stay and gave me a £20 voucher so I set it up again.

C&CC on the other hand - I use their sites, CSs & rallies quite a bit, and because I'm a Veteran Member the annual membership is only a tad over £20, so much better value for money.
How long do you have to be a member to be classed as a Veteran Member? I have to say we gave up on the CAMC long before they started pretending to cater for motorhomers by adding "Motorhome" to their name - the CCC is much better, and we use the CSs a fair amount

Seem to recall you need to be over 65 and have 25 years membership to qualify for veteran membership. You need to apply as I don’t think it is automatic.

Davy

I'm glad for this post as it made me think about our membership. We've been members for five years and never once stayed on a club site (way too expensive), and only stayed on a CL twice in that time. We live in Scotland and with the proliferation of aires I see that as our way forward.

Membership now cancelled.

Blimey!
At £63 per year you've paid ~£150 for each CL you've stayed on!
Champagne breakfasts and Jacuzzi's I hope!
Jeremy

Email received just after 5pm; ' Sorry you're leaving us; Magazine labels prepared weeks in advance, so you may receive a couple after cancellation. Any connected policies will continue until expiry unless you cancel them'

Steve
Steve exact same thing happened to us I cancelled got told I was late to cancel which imho I was not told them I had stopped the payment at the bank and did receive the mag following month
No ask why we were leaving after a long time etc ,they were not interested imho

Steve exact same thing happened to us I cancelled got told I was late to cancel which imho I was not told them I had stopped the payment at the bank and did receive the mag following month
No ask why we were leaving after a long time etc ,they were not interested imho
Not a scientific poll but does seem probable quite a number of people have cancelled .
Will this cause any reaction?

This thread seems to show that, maybe with a bit of overlap, clubs appeal to a different type of camper than groups like this. But that doesn't necessarily make them bad.

For now I'm happy to stick with them, probably due more to familiarity than anything else, and being single the PPPN pricing doesn't affect me. No doubt this will change when I move to full-timing.

I just joined😂. I get free membership with my insurance from caravan and camping club I use it because I get Arrival breakdown cover that covers any size motorhome through RAC. I had to use it 3 years ago and must say best breakdown cover took me home from Norfolk no problem no hassle. But I wouldn’t pay for membership as I don’t really do sites very often.

No they are the only ones that cover vans any size any weight worth it’s weight in gold for me they also cover the tow car.

IMG_0395.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back