Can we or can't we

Surely the older generation (vulnerable groups) are following the rules to stay at home, and maintain social distancing? How will they get infected by people turning up to walk along the beach?
Don't forget us vulnerable wrinklies are also permitted to go for a walk - and that's when we would become even more vulnerable to unwanted visitors who may well bring the virus with them from another part of the country. Social Distancing only works when ALL parties are following the rules - for instance whilst I was loading up the conveyor belt at a supermarket the person behind me closed right up to put their purchases on the belt - in response I stepped further away and made a comment. They chuntered saying they didn't have any symptoms so what's the problem? They were quite sheepish when I asked them if they knew if I HAD SYMPTOMS!

It will happen in Scotland as well when you are finally let out , this very situation was warned of by the Swedish professor who was an architect of their response . That's the problem with lockdowns , its purely a delay tactic .
In part you are correct. The virus will reappear in Scotland too once the lockdown ends. However the benefit of longer delay is to reduce the active cases at the point of reopenning. Until there is a cure or vaccine we are at its mercy. Best wishes and good fortune.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back