Chat Room

Some pics of the garden from this last weekend, when it wasn't raining! :)

Allium christophii

Clematis montana Broughton Star

Clematis Haku Ookan with blue aquilegia

Iris Silvery Beauty

Botton decking with Stipa gigantia poking over path

Bottom decking. Sculptures are from a customer who had no money to pay us at the time, so he paid with his sculptures!

Pink Ixia

Papaver Royal Wedding

Pond. More sculptures from Dennis Kilgannon.

Pond

Pond

Bottom of pond. Primula japonica Miller's Crimson & Apple blossom, Hosta Sum & Substance, miniature Gunner magellanica.

Primula Inverewe

Stray pink and white poppy seedling with sweet williams.

well.....////grass has been cut.strimmed etc......looking much better now thanks to my daughter..........roses are flowerimg....laverteria just starting to flower....peonies have had beautiful large blooms ..however....they are almost finished now.....buttercups in abundance (like to leave the buttercups...wild flowers to me)..........
may have a go at doing somthing to the van tomorrow..........have some new carpet for it...daughter says its much too light a colour........so maybe not,,,,,,,,,,still havent made the curtains yet.........hope to get a run out in it tomorrow,,,weather permitting.....

all enjoy whats left of the day. take care

lovely pic marie.......lovely garden........very colourful ....you must be very proud of it......did you get many frogs in your pond this year........

Not a lot of frogs, Trixie. Loads of frog spawn (and toad spawn too) but it disappeared overnight - munched probably ? :)

But! - spotted a couple of dozen small tadpoles this last week, so not all bad news, just not the teeming masses we've had previous years.

Just visited Mum, she has had her op and wants to know when she can come home :rolleyes:
oh..thats good news chris......that the ops gone well..........blimy that was quick recovery...wanting to go home so soon.......made of good stuff she must be.......well done to your mum.......grand lady.........hope things go well...take care

Had an exciting morning yesterday! Mum set off her lifeline (in kent), they couldn't get her to answer the phone so rang my son. He tried for ten mins but was at work with gas disconnected, so rang me in Suffolk. I tried home and mobile with no joy, so rang 999 and explained. Son in meantime, finished job, rang manager to say had to go and meet ambulance at grandma's house. I sat and worried then tried one last time....she answered ! Cancelled ambulance and rang son....transpires she was in the garden, did not have hearing aids in and both phones out of earshot anyway! Extra handset being delivered today, to go in the kitchen, and she has now promised to wear her aids!
Phew!!! Back to normal life!☕☕

We have a couple of Mum's neighbours on the phone list for her lifeline and it was one of those who got to Mum first when she fell - it's a good service, they rang a couple of days ago to ask how she was getting on (y)

We have a couple of Mum's neighbours on the phone list for her lifeline and it was one of those who got to Mum first when she fell - it's a good service, they rang a couple of days ago to ask how she was getting on (y)
It probably would be a good thing to use one of her neighbours but they are all older or more frail than her. Really would like her to move up to Suffolk near us, and she would like it too. But it's a long process, which we are only just starting. Our son lives quite near so feel it's ok at the moment. The lifeline is much better as an alarm than the one she had on her "seniors mobile phone" , we gave up with that as she kept pressing it when taking the phone out of her bag! Big red button on the back...seemed like a good idea at the time!

Did you manage to get them wired in, Chris?

Yes Marie all wired in, with the fuses left out of the solar set up until we get the panel on. Thursday is looking good for sticking the panel on - if the weather forecasters are right :oops:. When we do it you'll probably hear the swearing from up there ;)

The rain clouds stayed over the moors, so the royal 'we' hauled the solar panel onto the roof and after a fair bit of "your way a bit - not that bliddy much!", we got it in place and stuck down using a tube of sikaflex - half the sikaflex was used on the brackets the rest was shared between us as decoration on our hands, arms and shirts. Last job was to cover the bus with a tarp, in case the rain did appear. (y)

The rain clouds stayed over the moors, so the royal 'we' hauled the solar panel onto the roof and after a fair bit of "your way a bit - not that bliddy much!", we got it in place and stuck down using a tube of sikaflex - half the sikaflex was used on the brackets the rest was shared between us as decoration on our hands, arms and shirts. Last job was to cover the bus with a tarp, in case the rain did appear. (y)
Doesn't matter what I do, I end up wearing as much as I use. ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back