Chat Room

upset is not the word.........had a beautiful show of roses.........rain .non stop drizzle has ruined them......they gave me so much pleasure looking at them..........they are now in tatters and looking very sorry for themselves.........will have to go out and nip them off..........hoping more roses will grow just as beautiful before too long...........
HEY FOLK.....SUMMERS HERE.........lets all rejoice............HUH

Mum has been moved to Exmouth hospital and it is looking very unlikely she will be coming home. Her mobility is not improving and their aim seems to be to keep her comfortable and out of pain rather than force exercises on her. She is her usual grumbly self when we visit her, but we have a choice of ice cream shops to call at afterwards.

Mum has been moved to Exmouth hospital and it is looking very unlikely she will be coming home. Her mobility is not improving and their aim seems to be to keep her comfortable and out of pain rather than force exercises on her. She is her usual grumbly self when we visit her, but we have a choice of ice cream shops to call at afterwards.
If shes grumbly, she must be feeling ok, and they have the skill to manage her pain.
Shame you havn't got more raspberries to go with your ice cream. :giggle:

having problems inattempting to donate points to charity............says something about user name not recognised.......//////........any help would be appreciated

having problems inattempting to donate points to charity............says something about user name not recognised.......//////........any help would be appreciated

Trixie, go to 'Home' page and on the right you will see a 'donate to charity' button. Click on that and enter 'Charity' as the user name and how many points you wish to donate.

Trixie, go to 'Home' page and on the right you will see a 'donate to charity' button. Click on that and enter 'Charity' as the user name and how many points you wish to donate.
thanks chris will give it a try......usually go to home then click on donate to charity block situated on the right hand side.........had no bother until now...........juat click on how many points....sorted.......
right i will give it another try now....thanks

olk done and sorted.......seems as tho its jusr a little bit different format......doesnt take much these day to confuse me...lol

thanks chris will give it a try......usually go to home then click on donate to charity block situated on the right hand side.........had no bother until now...........juat click on how many points....sorted.......
right i will give it another try now....thanks

olk done and sorted.......seems as tho its jusr a little bit different format......doesnt take much these day to confuse me...lol
Phil has been updating stuff and will have it back to normal soon

dont know whats in store for n. yorks today........warm...sun is trying ..bless it.... dry.......breezy........quite nice at the moment........however things could change....

all enjoy the dat...come rain or shine...

ooops sorry wrong thread............durrr..

Had fun sorting out the van yesterday after getting it back from converter. He had to leave bits as we were off to portugal. Now have table, splashbacks,drop down flap on counter, and bi-fold door on wardrobe. Just an additional roof light to go in next month. It was quite good to go away in it before it was finished as we found a few tweaks we hadn't thought of! Will have to post some pics of finished van. Really pleased with it!:love::love:

Busy day - visited Mum, more moaning - couple of hours weed collecting (no fish). Filled up all tanks on the bus then got it weighed - 3120 so well chuffed. Carried on to Appledore and parked up, only to have a wee Scottish gentleman complain that I was too close :rolleyes:. To keep the peace I've moved ( nearer the pub), now hoping for dry weather so the band can play on the quay tonight.

Edit - the pub has run out of Guinness:eek::oops:

Got a meeting at the hospital tomorrow, to talk about what is going to happen to Mum. She needs more medical care than we are able to give her.
She keeps asking the doctors for a pill so she can go to sleep and not wake up: at 103, with no hearing and hardly any sight, she has no quality of life and it would be the kindest thing. It is a strange society that insists she must carry on suffering while if we kept an animal suffering like that we would be prosecuted.:unsure:

was wondering how yout mum was getting on chris.........sounds as tho the hospital will suggest that she goes into a nursing home.........its not easy........but then you really have no choice........i agree with what you say ..well in some circumstances......problem is.....the old saying give an inch???????...........at least you are getting a meeting with the hospital..........take care......all good wishes to your mum and that she is kept comfortable...

Wondered myself how you were all doing Chris. Not an easy time for anyone, and you are right we wouldn't let an animal suffer. The only benefit to come out of this is that it will be easier for you and Dawn and will make whatever time you have left with your mum less stressful cos your not having to mind her.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back