Chat Room

Don't know if my local Gp might do an assessment while she is with me....trouble is does she want a diagnosis? Meds now available for early dementia which may help but it is the one thing she is so scared of ...losing control ( aren't we all?) and she may cope better not knowing? We diagnose so much nowadays and sometimes make the person's mental health worse without being able to change things for them. Maybe being with her for three weeks will clarify things...or send me round the bend! She has done a LPA for finance which I do for her anyway, but not health so may sort that out.

Val’s mum has short term memory issues (she was 90 yesterday) still independent but easily flustered about anything that is out of her routine. Her doctor advised that she should get a diagnosis for dementia as it would help down the line. Guess what, went to the dementia clinic and passed after we were all sure she had it. Clinical result was old age plus variation in blood pressure causing lack of oxygen to her brain, hence memory issues.

Our patch continues to throw out rocket (different sowing dates), the onions are huge, but it took three sets of sowing to get the dwarf french beans going.

Spring in this area was wierd this year and even a new grass border took two sowings to grow. I began to wonder if anything much was going to happen between the trips away.

Even the cherry tomatoes in the greenhouse took time to establish. It all seems to have worked out ok in the end.

Off to the garden center ourselves this morning. Bought six plants a couple of weeks ago (argyranthemum) five have died and one is flourishing! All planted in same compost, no sign of pests, just started to turn yellow then leaves and flowers shrivelled! Planted in different areas in the garden including two in tubs ( the survivor was in one of the tubs).. mystery! Usually very good plants from there.

Sounds like they’ve been over-watered at the garden centre and you got lucky with one survivor. Too much water causes Marguerites to be prone to root rot causing the yellow leaves etc.

We're off to Barnstaple this morning, then hibernate for a fortnight, cos the kids finish school this weekend :eek:

All we can manage here is some half-hearted drizzle but it's still the first rain we've seen in weeks. Yay! No watering the tubs tonight (y)
I've only just replaced all the stuff on the patio that died in the heatwave last year when I was away in Germany for 7 weeks. My very laid back and impossible-to-rile son is still mortified... it's hilarious to see and worth every lost leaf :ROFLMAO:

Anyone want a (bliddy heavy) 1960s steel bath in a delicate shade of pink? :eek:
Just oiked it out, with the help of my work experience lass, now ready for a brew :coffee:

Anyone want a (bliddy heavy) 1960s steel bath in a delicate shade of pink? :eek:
Just oiked it out, with the help of my work experience lass, now ready for a brew :coffee:
thought it was yer kitchen you were doing up chris.
sink the bath in the garden...make a good fish pond.........

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back