Chat Room

Rain stopped play :( Fixed new roof sheets on one side of the summer house, then we both got soaked so we'em having a coffee :coffee:
Might have a go at t'other side and the ridge later, but see what the weather does :unsure:

She looks to be dressed similar to mine, always in tracksuit bottoms and tee shirts/tops, even though they are pretty. We were only talking about this last week. So many pretty dresses to wear with tights but all she does is roll around on the floor and gets absolutely filthy. I remember when she was still crawling she had a dress on and got so frustrated by it we had to take it off. A proper tomboy.
She must take after me.:Djust gets so frustrated with them,actually none of our g
I got a child size silver cross pram for Christmas one year, but instead of playing with my doll, I took out the bedding and filled it with stones...must have had a project on the go.:D

She looks to be dressed similar to mine, always in tracksuit bottoms and tee shirts/tops, even though they are pretty. We were only talking about this last week. So many pretty dresses to wear with tights but all she does is roll around on the floor and gets absolutely filthy. I remember when she was still crawling she had a dress on and got so frustrated by it we had to take it off. A proper tomboy.
She must take after me.:D
I got a child size silver cross pram for Christmas one year, but instead of playing with my doll, I took out the bedding and filled it with stones...must have had a project on the go.:D

That’s Charlotte Sue always in tracksuit bottoms or jeans and it’s not very often you see her or any of our grandkids in dresses they are very outdoorsy and sporty which is a good thing really!

Afternoon campers hope everyone is well after a bit of rain and a few hailstones the sun is shining we’ve had a visit from wreaking Annie this afternoon and now I’m relaxing ? Chris there’s always tomorrow to finish the roof and your chief nailer will be happy to help!! :sneaky:

Don't think we'll be finishing the roof today - rain for half hour then a spot of sunshine and rain again. Anyway my chief nailer is complaining of aching legs after yesterday's effort. :rolleyes:
Saw the forecast a bit earlier and it doesn't look as though your going to get it done in the next few days.:(

Well it seems as if this is another Motorhome that has been targeted by the scammers 747C66CB-B73A-481A-A38F-7852379DA613.pngas you can see by the price!

Grey start, but we decided to take the aged parent for a ride to Dawlish. The road into Exeter was one long queue of stationary traffic, so we turned round and went to a garden centre on the Wellington road.
Mum was in 'oo look at that' mode, this means that every few miles a hand appears in front of my face, pointing at a field of mustard or bank of primroses - bless er. Called in Tesco at Tivvy on the way home where she cleared the aisles with her trolley driving :rolleyes:

So today is the start of our ''There and Back again'' trip. The longest we will have taken Ernest (The Van) on since we have had him. In fact like most things I am wrong in the assertion that this is the first day, as we left Cornwall on Sunday to go to Essex to drop our Labrador Ross off with my brother for the next five weeks or so.
Best start again then. Today we head to Harwich to catch the Ferry to Holland arriving tomorrow and hopefully meeting up with the mob going to the flower festival. It will be good to see them all again, including some we have not seen since the Orkney trip.
That is just the first phase, and the plan is to travel North, through Germany and Denmark and then on into Sweden. Our daughter is currently working at Tjarno up by the Norwegian border, and we will get to see our two youngest grandsons!!
We have only outline plans of our route, so who knows where it will take us.
I will try and post photos on the way, and comment on unusual occurrences, mind you nothing is normal in our van so I might be posting everyday.

Roof finished, just got the fascias to make now. (Wully, if you're ever short of labour ;))
Roofer Dawn.jpg

Visited the dentist in Taunton this morning and used the back roads to avoid the M5, which looked busy as we crossed over it. No probs, next appt in Jan (y)

Trixie - it's this stuff LINK
The original green felt was still sound but looking a bit worn, so we decided to put this on top of it before it started leaking. Dead easy to cut and fix with the nails we got from the same supplier.

thanks chris....may give this a try.......tired of having to get shed roofs felt repaired.......didnt mind when i could manage it myself......however.....i now have to rely on someone else to do the repairs...........
DAWN has done an excellent job on yours....FULL MARKS tell her....well done

Weather has been dry, so I fitted the guttering etc; I'll let that settle before I cut the fascias ;).
Ice cream van just stopped outside, but by the time Dawn had explained to Mum and asked if she wanted one he had driven off :(

Just had an "exciting" day in portugal....Dave was building a wall, crushed his finger on a rock, came in to let me wash and bandage it, passed out and fell backwards onto concrete floor. I managed to call an ambulance, and ended up in Coimbra hospital where he remains. Has contusions in his brain, no fracture, but now waiting to see if the bleeding stops overnight. Having CT in morning, then they will decide if he can come home, or more likely will have to stay several days:cry:. Looks like I will have to drive the van back to UK anyway in May as he certainly won't be allowed to drive for a while. Poor dog was dumped on a friend and is completely confused. Would take the van to Coimbra and stay there but I can't leave her while at the hospital. Parking is bad, limited and not really for vans too at the hospital. Just when life seemed on an even keel....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back