Chat Room

Definitely a hat day, in sunny weather I get complaints about dazzling people when the sun reflects off my head :(
Door and vents fully open in the greenhouse and it's too hot already :oops:

Morning peeps not a lot on the list of things to do today think emptying the freezer may be on the cards as I am away for the whole of July so get rid of the stuff that’s past it’s best and restock for the Bill and Jo. ?

Back from hospital. They have decided that we are not able to give Mum the medical care she needs, so they are arranging a local nursing home for her. Mum took it well - I think she was expecting it.
Daft as it sounds, provided they don't leave her in bed, there will most likely be more to interest her, watching the comings and goings, She did seem to enjoy her time at the day centre. How is recovering from her fall, or is that one of the main problems?

Daft as it sounds, provided they don't leave her in bed, there will most likely be more to interest her, watching the comings and goings, She did seem to enjoy her time at the day centre. How is recovering from her fall, or is that one of the main problems?

She is walking a few steps with a frame but is having problems with open sores on her legs which need dressing regularly. They have her rated as a high fall risk and she needs someone with her whenever she moves from bed to chair etc.
I think she will prefer the busy environment and hope it will stop her panic attacks.

She is walking a few steps with a frame but is having problems with open sores on her legs which need dressing regularly. They have her rated as a high fall risk and she needs someone with her whenever she moves from bed to chair etc.
I think she will prefer the busy environment and hope it will stop her panic attacks.
I hope she will be happy in the new place once she has settled in. It's a b***** getting older isn't it? Just got back from Kent, mum in law ended up in hospital with
? Stroke?sepsis ( sepsis in the end) had to get fire brigade to break her door down when she collapsed as she had bolted herself in securely! Stayed a week sorting out replacement door, lifeline and removing bolts(!) . Stayed a week instead of an overnight. Note to self...keep more clothes in van just in case! Ended up buying stuff!

I hope she will be happy in the new place once she has settled in. It's a b***** getting older isn't it? Just got back from Kent, mum in law ended up in hospital with
? Stroke?sepsis ( sepsis in the end) had to get fire brigade to break her door down when she collapsed as she had bolted herself in securely! Stayed a week sorting out replacement door, lifeline and removing bolts(!) . Stayed a week instead of an overnight. Note to self...keep more clothes in van just in case! Ended up buying stuff!

You girls :rolleyes:, any excuse to buy new clothes ;). Hope your Mother in law is soon sorted.

• Funny
Reactions: Rec
Bit of a bum day yesterday: got home after telling Mum we couldn't look after her any more and our daughter texted to say she had to have her dog put to sleep. We used to dogsit when they were on holiday and will miss him.
Today we'em heading up to Bristol to see if there is any cake needs testing. I used to meet Nigel in the barbers, but we seem to have missed each other lately:unsure:

Gorgeous morning, sun's on the rise, not a breath of wind. First coffee sitting in the garden listening to the spudgens. :)

The best laid plans etc etc. Lorra traffic on M5, so tried back roads but they weren't much better. Rang Nigel and headed home - too hot to be sitting in traffic queues. :(
Yes it’s Glastonbury Festival the traffic around that area will be awfull for the next 3/4 days hope you get to test the cake soon give Mr and Mrs B a hug from me.

Cooled down a bit now, with clouds ... aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Started the long planned alterations to the bungalow yesterday, tis good to be doing something again, albeit slowly. One room stripped out ready for the new kitchen (y)

Breakfast in the garden, with birds singing and lambs baaing, soon have the church bells joining in.

Cooled down a bit now, with clouds ... aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Started the long planned alterations to the bungalow yesterday, tis good to be doing something again, albeit slowly. One room stripped out ready for the new kitchen (y)

Breakfast in the garden, with birds singing and lambs baaing, soon have the church bells joining in.

I do hope we will be having an open day when your all rejigged, rebuilt and redecorated. ??

No clouds here, yet. Watered everything last night, tis a day to sit and enjoy the garden,from the shady area! Might go for a stroll in the woods later as it was lovely and shady there last night. Keeping the daft dog from boiling her brains is a full time job though...She sits till panting then goes indoors for a drink and maybe a minute then back out again! Draped a wet towel over her yesterday and she walked around with that but won't sit on those gel mats bought specifically to cool her down!

No clouds here, yet. Watered everything last night, tis a day to sit and enjoy the garden,from the shady area! Might go for a stroll in the woods later as it was lovely and shady there last night. Keeping the daft dog from boiling her brains is a full time job though...She sits till panting then goes indoors for a drink and maybe a minute then back out again! Draped a wet towel over her yesterday and she walked around with that but won't sit on those gel mats bought specifically to cool her down!
Please take this how it is intended as info only but I read somewhere recently ( not Facebook ) that a dog had died because the owners had wrapped the dog in a wet towel during extreme heat the vet was explaining that to cool a dog gown you lay them on something wet or cool apparently if you cover them over their backs it hold in the heat and makes them hotter not sure how true this is but it’s info only. ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back