convenience foods

nicknmike

convenience foods

ok, a list of my must have for lazy days. (other than the usual) Tinned new potatoes (fried or in stew), tinned mushrooms, tinned dauphinios (can't spell that) potatoes, tinned stewed beef (add tinned veg and pots and a few spices), tinned bbq shredded pork, packet made up sauces, packet cooked rice. pesto. Frozen mash. hmm..I shall think of some more. Please add ideas x

nicknmike;n1567 said:
ok, a list of my must have for lazy days. (other than the usual) Tinned new potatoes (fried or in stew), tinned mushrooms, tinned dauphinios (can't spell that) potatoes, tinned stewed beef (add tinned veg and pots and a few spices), tinned bbq shredded pork, lge sachets of made up sauces, packet cooked rice. pesto. Frozen mash. hmm..I shall think of some more. Please add ideas x

ooh, cuppa soups and sachets of hot choc. Box of stuffing mix to coat chicken breast before frying. A carton of long life cream and/or powdered coffee creamer for emergency when you have run out of milk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot dog sausages are pretty crap.

But with fried onions, mustard and tom sauce, they can be real comfort food.

Couscous - quick and simple to prepare. Packet cooked rice can be reheated in a pan even though it is supposed to be microwaved. Tinned tomatoes. Jar of chutney. Many jars of Marmite! Jar of mustard.

Lidl in October sell Rosti potatoes grated potato in foil packs I bought 40 they have a long shelf Nov 2019 you just fry in butter great for the van and you can add cheese ham chives just to mix it up a bit.

Campervanannie;n1701 said:
Lidl in October sell Rosti potatoes grated potato in foil packs I bought 40 they have a long shelf Nov 2019 you just fry in butter great for the van and you can add cheese ham chives just to mix it up a bit.

ooh, that sounds great, I will look out for them!

nicknmike;n1721 said:
ooh, that sounds great, I will look out for them!

They only sell them during their Oktoberfest but I am told sainsbury and waitrose sell them but you can buy them online.

I always have soya mince to fall back on .... savoury mince, chilli and bolognese sauce. Carry tinned mushrooms and jar pepper.

tinned stewed steak tinn of potatoes tin of peas mix stewed steak with peas slice tin pot frie off place on top of stewed steak or slice and grill spirnkly with herbs ad garlic herd to stewed steak or curry powder to alter to taste annie dpes ;ole my quick sherprd pie lol use mushroom instead of peas or carrots
stewqed steak tin of toms herbs and over pasta

Campervanannie;n1753 said:
Best convenience food ever.

Yuk yuk yuk
we tried them and they have that horrible preserved taste even Karen didn't like them so not just me lol

Banned member;n3502 said:
Yuk yuk yuk
we tried them and they have that horrible preserved taste even Karen didn't like them so not just me lol

Good single use Frisbys for the dogs, who would wolf them down! Me? I would chuck em up either way!

teejay;n3506 said:
Good single use Frisbys for the dogs, who would wolf them down! Me? I would chuck em up either way!

One of ours might eat it but Keara would look at you with her "That's not meat ,do l look like an F'ing vegetarian " face lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the tricky whippet would catch it before it hit the ground and probably spit it out and look at me with her, 'you hate me' face. Whereas the fat collie would waddle over and scoff the lot vege or not.

Eggs, cereal, dried packet noodles, ready grated cheese, sliced potatoes with bacon pre packed from Lidl, they usually have a couple of months shelf life though you have to keep them in the fridge, smoked sausage,long life milk,tinned rice pudding, sardines in tom sauce, mushrooms in a creamy sauce, great on toast, marmalade, honey. Not all have a long shelf life but they are convenient.

Havn't looked closely at those Rostis Annie, sound like the could be ok with some bacon/ eggs/beans chucked on.

Steak , duck breasts , oven ready chicken, prawns , toprump beef joint , back bacon .
My fridge is a burger free zone

Banned member;n3502 said:
Yuk yuk yuk
No scouting for taste young man and as for Keara she is not as fussy as you think she loves Bakers dry food she ate Taya's nearly every day lol.

Campervanannie;n3528 said:
No scouting for taste young man and as for Keara she is not as fussy as you think she loves Bakers dry food she ate Taya's nearly every day lol.

I know she likes other people's food but at home she just walks away , last week she decided she doesn't like butchers chunks anymore so changed her to tripe mix , I think she genuinely likes a big variety unless of course it is real meat then anything goes ,they had lambs hearts no complaints there !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back