Dometic 3 way problem on gas

Not really relevant nowe I guess, but that Thetford T2016 12V Compressor fridge would have been a good option I think
I was quite close to getting that model to replace my Thetford N180 3-way fridge but in the end I chose to go for a 240V Compressor Fridge/Freezer of a very similar size at 1/4 of the price (as I had an inverter already in place that could run it so no additional costs for that)
Yes I had settled on that one as it seems the best fit in nearly all respects
1 question does it run directly off 12v or as seems likely a dedicated inverter. Just in case which inverter.
Ie power and msw or psw.
There appears to be suitable cabling nearby which is marked 12v Freezer heater and is hefty wires...almost jump lead thickness

Yes I had settled on that one as it seems the best fit in nearly all respects
1 question does it run directly off 12v or as seems likely a dedicated inverter. Just in case which inverter.
Ie power and msw or psw.
There appears to be suitable cabling nearby which is marked 12v Freezer heater and is hefty wires...almost jump lead thickness
The T2160 is a 12V Unit, no inverters.
I don't know what wiring is in your van (It is a bit different from the normal Autotrail/Sargent combination I think?) so you may have suitable wiring in place but typically you would either have to run decent (4mm2 or 6mm2) cabling from the battery to the Fridge (bypassing the box that disconnects the 12v Hab electrics when the engine starts) or use the 12V cabling that is in place from the 12V-when -driving supply and redirect that supply to the Leisure Battery (whichever is easier).

What I liked about the T2160 is how you can turn the freezer off while leaving the Fridge on when you don't need it and want to save power.
Jacksons is actually one of the best prices for these Thetford units as well - most outlets seem to be hundreds more!

Last edited:
The T2160 is a 12V Unit, no inverters.
I don't know what wiring is in your van (It is a bit different from the normal Autotrail/Sargent combination I think?) so you may have suitable wiring in place but typically you would either have to run decent (4mm2 or 6mm2) cabling from the battery to the Fridge (bypassing the box that disconnects the 12v Hab electrics when the engine starts) or use the 12V cabling that is in place from the 12V-when -driving supply and redirect that supply to the Leisure Battery (whichever is easier).

What I liked about the T2160 is how you can turn the freezer off while leaving the Fridge when you don't need it and want to save power.
Jacksons is actually one of the best prices for these Thetford units as well - most outlets seem to be hundreds more!
Great .
Yes suitable care with the power.
But should be easy.
I can see and get to the wiring by removing the vent covers.
However all ok for now !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back