Elddis Motorhomes

I have a 185/2020 model.
In the first year, when we used the cab heater in full mode with full fan, after 30 minutes we got a very overpowering burning smell from under the gearbox. Disappeared after turning off the fan, cooling down and three quarters heat setting. I initially thought an oil rag was left near the exhaust by a mechanic. I contacted Brownhills where I brought the motorhome from, and they say they don't deal with the warranties on Peugeot as they are a Fiat dealership (although they sell Peugeots - take note of this when buying). They have given me a dealership address to take it to. I am waiting to test the heater out once more before I take it in, as it might just be because its a new vehicle. If it catches fire, the warranty covers this.
😮what!

So Brownhills service / do warranty issues on the Peugeot end of motorhomes etc ? that’s the first time I’ve heard of a motorhome dealer actually dealing with the mechanical end of things for want of a better phase on a new vehicle. I always assumed one took a new vehicle under warranty to a Fiat / Peugeot professional dealership, that’s what I have done with the 2 new motorhomes I have owned from new.

Chelston Motorhomes in Somerset are agents for several types of motorhomes and are also a Fiat Professional garage. I think there are several motorhome dealers around the country with the Fiat Professional status.

Word of advice, never buy of dealers as warrenty not wort 2 dee , buy private and at least 30% below market price, anything wrong then you can afford to fix, always take someone with you who knows the trade, never ever buy new.

I purchased my Elddis 185 2019 .
Since almost every comment /review has been critical of build quality, damp problems ...I am just beginning to doubt the wisdom of purchasing from this manufacturer...Would like to hear from any member/s who have a positive experience
I bought an Elldis194 in October 2019. At the first habitation check last September they found damp, despite Elddis’ proud claim to have Solid construction. The dealer put a claim in to Elddis. They can’t fix it until this June, 10 months after the problem was found. Not a happy bunny.

Word of advice, never buy of dealers as warrenty not wort 2 dee , buy private and at least 30% below market price, anything wrong then you can afford to fix, always take someone with you who knows the trade, never ever buy new.

We bought our first Autotrail off a dealer (mentioned in this thread: never again from them btw!!) and it had a damp problem which they fixed under their 12 month warranty.

When it was out of warranty with the dealer, more damp was discovered and this was repaired under Autotrails own bodywork warranty.

Initially A-T refused to honour their warranty as it transpired that the previous owner to us had missed the first Hab Check date by 3 months so subsequent Hab Checks were all 3 months late. I wrote to the MD of A-T pointing out that this was unfair and also all the work had been carried out by an authorised dealer of theirs so surely they must be happy with that? After a visit to the factory for a damp test they agreed to reinstate the warranty...

...which was just as well as we then found the major damp mentioned above. This was fixed under warranty as I say.

As I result I will always buy from a dealer; I always buy MHs where the warranty has been maintained through correct Hab Checks; and I always make sure that we get ours Hab Checked in line with the manufacturers warranty.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back