Electric scooters !??????????????????

The batteries my bikes use look like they are quite a generic design and there are lots of sellers on eBay do the 36V 11Ah model for around £160 or so, which isn't bad really for a packaged battery in an Aluminium case of that capacity.
IF its capacity is accurate ...frankly anything containing lithium cells/leds/or inverter shaped etc on ebay
Is likely to be nothing like it's stated ratings in my personal experience .

Last edited:
And eat more cake as a personal protection measure [because heavier people are more difficult to kidnap, according to the sign outside the Café on Gerainger Fjord ...] :ROFLMAO:. I took my personal safety VERY seriously ...

Steve
reminds me of the two people running from a grizzly bear.

one stops to put on his running shoes.
other ones says "you think you can outrun that bear?"
first one says "no, but now I can outrun you" :)

They'd both outrun me, dunno if we're cannibalistic???

:confused::(

Canonballistic? Is that a Catholic Clergyman fired out a cannon?

(tapping my innrr Marchie there ;) )
Naw, that would be a Cardinal Sin, David ... There's something about getting tolled off by the bells, but I can't quite remember how it goes ... :unsure: That should be enough to get a repeat of the confirmation that my special place in hell reservation remains current ...

Steve

we bought two of the 36 bikes from ES bikes who stands at all the shows this was almost 13 years ago when we got molly could never train her to run alongside so they gradually got less use, i decided to give them a go last year having not charged them for a couple of years the batteries would only hold enough charge for about a mile so they definitely need rebuilding , the bikes were the aluminium folding bikes one 20” wheels one 26” cost £870 the pair rebuilding jan’s battery was going to be £287 mine would have been £308 that will have to wait till there is more likelihood of us using them
Back on thread. 😉

I bought the same make of bike and was directly behind you when you bought yours. My battery failed last year. I had previously sent it back to the factory for a problem with the drive motor and electrics. They said it was a disgrace and the worst they had ever seen.

They were right, because it is only fit for riding on roads, and not for the places I had taken it. I guess they are not fit for rough riding.

Sadly, I like riding everywhere and anywhere, and will only buy a tough bike that suits me better in future. 👍

I just read this and feel sad and angry. Sad for the lady and angry at the ‘boy’. As the judge said “entirely stoppable”these things are a menace on paths.
Now ive only just got started because i ‘would like’ to cycle everywhere i can but i can’t due to the lack of safety in my modern home town of Crawley! It has virtually any safe cycle ways for us due to a complete lack of foresight by designers in the building of this new town. They tried a government program of installing cycle lanes during lockdown dut it was a disaster for vehicles so they went back to normal roads. I’m very angry that cyclists are left to dodge motorised vehicles on any road going anywhere. I would be happy to use cycle lanes and cycle patches and share them with e scooters and any other type of slow propelled vehicle. This country is a total mess in everything it does.

Can't move up here for cycle lanes, over £29 million spent shame cyclists can't use them.

A in the wrong place, B cars are parked on them, C covered in crap.

To be fair here, I think Gordon is asking about escooters with a view to using abroad ie: France/Spain, a quick Google will show up the rules and regs abroad.
Today the Spanish were putting up signs banning use in a pedestrian area. Nice pretty blue sign.
Fine of €300 for use there.
Legal on the road though

I use mine on the Continent in countries where it’s legal. There’s nothing like a zip to the boulangerie in the morning to get fresh croissants and baguette!
I charge mine the usual way when on hookup.

I would be inclined to push anyone who comes close to me on one on the pavement into a heap, stupid things should never have been allowed, I'm not saying I wouldn't like one but common sense tell me it isn't a good idea where people are used to walking safely, same with people cycling on the pavement.

I would be inclined to push anyone who comes close to me on one on the pavement into a heap, stupid things should never have been allowed, I'm not saying I wouldn't like one but common sense tell me it isn't a good idea where people are used to walking safely, same with people cycling on the pavement.

Have you tried walking in the centre of Dutch cities? Bikes (seem to?) have priority over everyone else and woe betide you if you get in their way.
It took me approximately 2 minutes to moderate my behaviour (but I was younger then ;) ).

Gordon

I've never been to Dutchland :D :D

I'd be sticking my arms out at speed too....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back