Engine battery 0 volts

I just looked at the hab display Tom, and turned on the sign to see if there was a fault, but no dash light and the key fob wouldn't open the door.

My worry is I don't want a new battery to go flat too.

So you can't be certain at the moment, Kev, that the battery is at zero. Might be low but recoverable or might even be OK. Depends whether there is indeed an issue with the wiring, and if so, where. First thing I'd do is check the battery with a standalone meter.

I'm planning too Tom, but I did a shop yesterday as Liz wasn't up to it and it's taken it out of me, I've been planning a shower since I got up, but not got around to it yet, and the flies are blocking the view of my screen :( :(

I managed to get down to the van and checked the battery with a plug in volt meter, 0 volts, checked the Ctek extension cable 0 volts with my multimeter, and then the charger cable again 0 volts, the charger lights up and goes through the different modes, but nothing on any of them at the plug so as it has a 5 year warranty I've raised a RMA warranty return with Ctek, so I need to wait for time to okay it now.

Last edited:
Come on Trev, dig deep and post links not pictures please.

Van back from service seems to be running much better, it's done about 10k since we bought it and not service during that time, I kept putting it off.

Basically an engine service and a check around.

What would be a fair price for that?

Van back from service seems to be running much better, it's done about 10k since we bought it and not service during that time, I kept putting it off.

Basically an engine service and a check around.

What would be a fair price for that?
I change all oils filter every 5000 miles or 6 mths which ever comes first, had engine 4 times round the clock, and yes there were sodas.

I had a check on the VB just now, and it is showing 12.5v on the cheapo ciggy socket gauge, so looking for a better way to check via WiFi, maybe with an alarm, needs to be fairly cheap. I started a thread for that.

Reason for this post is the Ctek MS 5 has ALL its lights at the top illuminated, but that isn't covered in the manual.

Any idea as to why it would do that?

I had a check on the VB just now, and it is showing 12.5v on the cheapo ciggy socket gauge, so looking for a better way to check via WiFi, maybe with an alarm, needs to be fairly cheap. I started a thread for that.

Reason for this post is the Ctek MS 5 has ALL its lights at the top illuminated, but that isn't covered in the manual.

Any idea as to why it would do that?
Is that ALL lights including power and error?
Not clear to me from a quick read of the manual whether the step lights should illuminate one at a time or increment progressively, so that when step 8 is reached all steps are illuminated. Perhaps check with CTEK technical support.

I'll look at it again tomorrow and take a picture Tom.

Strange, my numax 10ah smart charger kicks mine up to 14.4 the goes into a float at about 13.6v.
My solar takes them up daytime to 14.3v and overnight the voltage drops to 12.6/7 without a mains charger pluged in.
My advice is change the charger if you think it faulty, but im inclined to think something is draining it, faulty diode in the altenator
Or something switched on. :unsure:charger a.jpgcharger b.jpgcharger c.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back