Engine battery 0 volts

I just spoke to Ctek in Sweden, they agree it is faulty you have only to move it slightly and they go out, the plug and charge lead are not moving, the lights should go up to 8 but then come back down, the min output should be 14.2v and the max this is doing is 13.2v so I got to do another RMA and get a new one sent out.

Yes me too, they checked the S/N and it was made in 2022 so a little old, they expect 5% failure, not sure I'd be happy with that sort of QC on something so basic.

If you link to the post you are quoting me from I'll happily give you an answer but I'm on the phone so not messing about trying to find where I said something.

If you link to the post you are quoting me from I'll happily give you an answer but I'm on the phone so not messing about trying to find where I said something.
I did!

If you click a quote in a comment, that takes you directly to the post being quoted.

The forum software used here is a bit expensive, but it's pretty good.

I did!

If you click a quote in a comment, that takes you directly to the post being quoted.

The forum software used here is a bit expensive, but it's pretty good.
Well I didn’t realise that!

Neither did I but it'll have to wait until morning now.

Can you explain? Why isn' t it suitable?
If I had wanted a cheap one I wouldn't have bought a good brand named one, one that I have used without problems 3 times before with a five year warranty, on top of that I didn't ask for recommendations for a charger anyway.

I prefer not to spend on cheap stuff that is keeping something expensive protected. Pees me off that the replacement is slightly duff though.

If I had wanted a cheap one I wouldn't have bought a good brand named one, one that I have used without problems 3 times before with a five year warranty, on top of that I didn't ask for recommendations for a charger anyway.

I prefer not to spend on cheap stuff that is keeping something expensive protected. Pees me off that the replacement is slightly duff though.
Ah, so the 110Ah isn't the issue. It's the quality of the charger. Hmmm.

Your experience mirrors mine. I dumped my expensive smart charger because it didn'!t work. Replaced it with a cheap one, which has proved reliable.

Cheap no good, good no cheap, you pay your money and you take your choice.

I got the same Ctek MXS5 5a charger for my self build which had two 125ah batteries, I even tied in the starter battery and it coped with that too, it was flawless in keeping them topped up, why go cheap when a battery is around £100 or more

Cheap no good, good no cheap, you pay your money and you take your choice.

I got the same Ctek MXS5 5a charger for my self build which had two 125ah batteries, I even tied in the starter battery and it coped with that too, it was flawless in keeping them topped up, why go cheap when a battery is around £100 or more

Brotherinlaw talks like that, hence he has no monie. 😂

My experience is that high price all too often indicates a bigger marketing budget, not a better quality product.

I would say YMMV but it appears not to.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back