Evri / Hermes

Pudsey Bear

I got a email yesterday saying they had delivered a parcel, but I can't find it.

So I go online and report it which is mega frustrating, I get an email saying they will contact me, they haven't so I look for a contact number, all I can find is 0330 808 5456 which is a robot who only asks is a parcel you are sending or recieving, DUH!! no it eventually asks for the barcode or tracking number which you have to speak and it doesn't do Yorkshire so after I give it some abuse (pointless) it hangs up.

What a shower of wankers, they screw up nearly Evri time, I know they are cheap, but the local delivery staff is terrible, they turn up in Nisan micras driven by stevie wonder.

Does anyone have a different number?

That isn't the issue Davy, it was supposed to arrive on the 2nd, but it didn't so I got a refund, I agreed to send it back if it did arrive, hence me reporting it, I would have just refused delivery and they would have returned it for me but although I was in I heard no bell or knocking, so going to the seller isn't what I need, I just need to get this useless outfit to do their job properly.

Found another number but it's the same rubbish process 0330 333 6556.

Good luck mate, its like a game of dungeons and dragons getting through the autobot response "help" process.
I recently bought an item on ebay and got a "your parcel has been delivered" email off yodel (worse than Evri in my experience) anyway I had not received it so reported it to the seller but then got a reply from yodel claiming it had been left in a "safe place" so I contacted their Customer abuse dept to ask for details of the safe place and they responded that as the parcel had been delivered the case was now closed... grrrrr... so, I contacted ebay who said they would investigate but came back with the message that the carrier had confirmed delivery had been made so my claim was closed and no refund would be forthcoming.
I again contacted yodel and was advised to download their app to see photo evidence that delivery had been made. Despite not wanting a yodel account and app, I did so and eventually saw a photo of a front door of a house a quarter of a mile away which was on a public footpath so hardly a safe place, and the occupants knew nothing of the parcel. Again I contacted yodel but this time they just ignored me.
I then contacted PayPal and told them the story and they came back to me in less than an hour confirming a full refund would be given which appeared next day.

Hooray! At least PayPal were on my side.

Long long story I know but it just shows how much these people ( and bots) care.

So good luck but keep going, don't let them win by giving up

K ;)

Yodel is pretty good around here, I used to work with the local driver and he's not afraid of hard work, and it is hard work when you have 100 + parcels to deliver every day, Herpes/Evri are abismal everywhere.
BBC News - Evri parcels sorted outside at County Durham depot
WTF The mother, from Chester-le-Street, had ordered £180 of make up for her daughter's Christmas present, more than four weeks ago.

She must be a bit rough.

It beggars belief.

I too had problems with evri having ordered from Wayfair, who also proved pretty useless. Evri claimed to have attempted delivery without success but then had no record of the whereabouts of the package. Wayfair said they would only refund on receipt of the package from evri, despite my cancelling the order as you are legally permitted with distance selling laws. After lots of phone calls including trying the useless evri system I told Wayfair that I would make a claim on my credit card under section 75. Within a day they made a refund. Good luck with your case.

We had many a grumble with Hermes and regular monthly deliveries.

. Always raised it with the vendor.
They were very good at replacement shipments.
When the became Evry, they included a review section.
Whe slammed them time after time, emailing screenshots to the vendor.
Things have improved, lately.

Its not lost, they say its delivered but I don't have it.

Ask for photo evidence of delivery point. Its probably been delivered 1/4 mile away
K :rolleyes:

As Davy said above your contract is with the seller. You have no contract with Evri. Its up to the seller to sort it with Evri And find out where they delivered it to.

Ask for photo evidence of delivery point. Its probably been delivered 1/4 mile away
K :rolleyes:
I would if I could get through to them.

As said I've been refunded so there is no contract with the seller, I just want to be fair and send it back.

Dow,load the Evri app, put your tracking info in and scroll down to the delivery point and there should be a photo taken by the driver... hopefully you will recognise it as a neighbours door or a "safe place" ???
Like this...
Screenshot_20221208-212212.jpg

I tried that, but it just said I had already contacted them and wouldn't continue.

[...]

What a shower of wankers, they screw up nearly Evri time, I know they are cheap, [...]
Not really cheap. FWIW, I bought a violin bow a few months ago and the hairs slipped so it can no longer be properly tensioned. I used a website called Parcel2Go to find the best value courier to return it and was surprised that Royal Mail only wanted £4.35 for 48hr tracked collected from me. The vendor suggested Evri but they were about twice as expensive by the time I'd added insurance for the retail value of the bow. Having had a lot of trouble with Hermes, I sent it via Royal Mail.

They do good deals for sellers who post a lot, Amazon use them too for returns.

Review of Hermes UK: Where are my goods ON SITEJABBER
Waiting for new hubs for the car with Delivery by HERMES that's a joke I was in the yard they work from
So I popped in to there depot on a friday 2/12/23 was told the goods was on route to my address, At 1600 hrs Checked on tracker (quote) We've not been able to deliver today due to bad weather in the area (unquote).
If they call sun shinning bad weather god help us if it rains,
Its now 1700hrs on the 8/12/23 now been told they have lost my goods what a shower of w*******
Sender now going to try DHL

I just did a Trustpilot review of them.

I just got this suspiceous email

Re: 2nd-attemptfor---[EHR]][[JE]] !​

Inbox

default-user=s40-p

14:38 (4 minutes ago)
to me

ehr6l!-We Would-LlKE-to-Thankyou

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back