Evri / Hermes

I ordered a watch strap on Friday from Amazon, marked for delivery today, but I got an email saying it would be delivered yesterday, nothing arrived, but this morning I had an email saying handed to the resident but we hadn't had it, so I just rang them and got an automated snotty message saying it was a mistake and it would be delivered tomorrow, we will see.

Think sone of you perhaps need a chuckle!!!

EVRI DRIVERS DAY OF ACTION!

To show solidarity with Royal Mail workers, EVRI drivers have decided to have a day of action next Wednesday.

They will be working to rule by delivering parcels to the correct addresses, at the correct time on the correct day.

Doorbells will be rung or door knocked and driver will be happy to hand over your parcel in one piece.

If not in, parcel will be left at your safe place and not left on a random doorstep.

Drivers are sorry for this convenient situation and will return to a normal service on Thursday.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I ordered a watch strap on Friday from Amazon, marked for delivery today, but I got an email saying it would be delivered yesterday, nothing arrived, but this morning I had an email saying handed to the resident but we hadn't had it, so I just rang them and got an automated snotty message saying it was a mistake and it would be delivered tomorrow, we will see.

Interesting. I got 2 emails from RM on Saturday: one saying that they were going to deliver a parcel and then later, another saying they didn't quite manage it so apologise.

I then get 2 emails on Sunday saying that they would be delivering that day?! On a Sunday! Later that afternoon they sent anther one saying that someone had changed the delivery date required (implying it was me) so the parcel would be delivered on the next working day i.e. Monday...which it was!

Glitches in their system I think.

Watch strap has arrived.

Reactions: GMJ
Interesting. I got 2 emails from RM on Saturday: one saying that they were going to deliver a parcel and then later, another saying they didn't quite manage it so apologise.

I then get 2 emails on Sunday saying that they would be delivering that day?! On a Sunday! Later that afternoon they sent anther one saying that someone had changed the delivery date required (implying it was me) so the parcel would be delivered on the next working day i.e. Monday...which it was!

(See also post #16)
I've recently had issues with Royal Mail. I bought their pre-paid service to send the violin bow I mentioned in post #16 ... but I made that post before I'd taken the parcel to the post office. The RM website said that my local post office was a "Delivery Office" that would accept the parcel. However, they refused to take it and said that the service wasn't supported. They told me that my nearest "Delivery Office" was a 3/4 hour drive from home! So I tried to phone RM customer service both to report the discrepancy between their website and reality and also to find out how to resolve the issue (e.g. get a refund and use DPD drop off). However, I had to give up after twice waiting for almost an hour on hold. After further research I found I could have the parcel collected by the postie with the following day's post. They collected it on the 9th and delivered it yesterday: 10 days for a 48hr service :eek:

Glitches in their system I also think...

I have already done that and been refunded but the seller hasn't had his goods back, so where did they go? I'm going to pursue it as far as I can by pestering the top.man.
Kev, Diane Morgan, aka Philomena Cunk, could have been thinking of you when she wrote today's article ...

Delivered parcel to someone's foot

The article is lovely, especially the ' ... like a shit Sherlock Holmes ...' reference :D

Steve

Shame she didn't name the company, I never got mine.

Royal Mail? Delivering on a Sunday!

Actually they do :) I have had quite a few deliveries from Royal Mail on Sundays, by someone in the proper uniform and all :)
I was pretty surprised the first time, especially since I live in a pretty sparcely populated area (the population in my 'shire is less than the least populated county in England for example).

Last edited:
Parcel force were the Royal Mail uniform, so it'll have been them.

No Royal Mail deliver Sundays , it’s the tracked items 24/48 hours, I’m an agency driver for them. Really good Sunday rate and 8 hours guaranteed, often only work 3or4😀😀

Parcel force were the Royal Mail uniform, so it'll have been them.
The strange thing about Parcel Force vs Royal Mail is that they are (allegedly) separate companies even though they wear the same uniform and ISTM it's sometimes the same bod doing the delivery. Last month, a Parcel Force bod handed a parcel to us and we didn't notice it was for next door until too late. Next door is in the armed forces and was away on extended deployment at the time -- so there was nobody home for us to pass it to. We contacted them by email and they asked us to return it to the post office as they had a redirect in place. Post office drone refused the parcel as the redirect only applied to Royal Mail and not to Parcel Force. Eventually, our neighbour had a friend call round to pick up the parcel.
Seems to me that this might be worse than Evri's tendency to deliver to the wrong doorstep since once they'd incorrectly handed the package to us, there seemed no way to hand it back so they could correct their error.

Yodel is pretty good around here, I used to work with the local driver and he's not afraid of hard work, and it is hard work when you have 100 + parcels to deliver every day, Herpes/Evri are abismal everywhere.

WTF The mother, from Chester-le-Street, had ordered £180 of make up for her daughter's Christmas present, more than four weeks ago.

She must be a bit rough.

It beggars belief.
I'm sticking up for Hermes/ Evri, Simon
my delivery guy in in H,,,,,,, is great.

Wait until the management finish destroying Royal Mail
It must be 20 years since I worked for them and they were shite then, manifests were wrong, stuff in cages for a different area, total chaos, and no management were on site before 7am, I'd be out of the depot to get to my round by 6am at the very latest as it was 45 miles away

I know this thread is mainly about Evri but I can assure you they are not alone. My son in law ordered goods that were supposed to be delivered within 14 days of order, the company advised it would be two weeks when he ordered so no problem there. Less than a week after the order had been placed he gets an email saying the original couriers (DPD) have messed up and he would be getting a delivery later that day, DHL delivered his package.

I ordered something on 15th December and because of all the strikes I paid for next business day delivery (unfortunately I couldn’t get it from Amazon). I got email on Friday from DPD to say it had been picked up and was at their Leeds distribution centre. Was still the same last Wednesday so I contacted the supplier. Received a few emails stating that they had a batch of orders that had gone to DPD and all of them had been messed up and being returned to them. Last email said a new order had been sent out and would be with me on Thursday. DHL made the delivery as per the email.

Looks like DPD had a meltdown but no idea if that was National or localised

I know this thread is mainly about Evri but I can assure you they are not alone. My son in law ordered goods that were supposed to be delivered within 14 days of order, the company advised it would be two weeks when he ordered so no problem there. Less than a week after the order had been placed he gets an email saying the original couriers (DPD) have messed up and he would be getting a delivery later that day, DHL delivered his package.

I ordered something on 15th December and because of all the strikes I paid for next business day delivery (unfortunately I couldn’t get it from Amazon). I got email on Friday from DPD to say it had been picked up and was at their Leeds distribution centre. Was still the same last Wednesday so I contacted the supplier. Received a few emails stating that they had a batch of orders that had gone to DPD and all of them had been messed up and being returned to them. Last email said a new order had been sent out and would be with me on Thursday. DHL made the delivery as per the email.

Looks like DPD had a meltdown but no idea if that was National or localised
I had masses of orders that DPD were meant to deliver and screwed up. usually they are very good so don't know what happened. It is possible mine were at the same Leeds depot? They all ended up being "undeliverable"
Some of the items I have ordered again (at higher prices! :( ) and actually got very rapidly, but mostly delivered by Royal Mail or Hermes/Evri. Evri has actually been very good for quite a while. I think they still suffer from poor staff at some depots, but our local Evri rep is top drawer.

I think except for Royal Fail, all the delivery outfits are based almost next door to each other at Morley Nr J 27 M62, I bet they quit one firm then walk next door into another job, staff turnover will be high as it is high pressure work.

It must be 20 years since I worked for them and they were shite then, manifests were wrong, stuff in cages for a different area, total chaos, and no management were on site before 7am, I'd be out of the depot to get to my round by 6am at the very latest as it was 45 miles away
Sounds like you were in a bad depot I've worked for royal mail for 36 years and never come across practice like that and now we don't start till after 7 if current CEO gets his way we won't be starting till 10 the clown is trying to destroy royal mail

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back