Favourite Motorhome meal

Wully;n1109 said:
As lee says a barbecue nice bit o steak cold beer good company what more could you need. More cold beer and somebody to pick you up as pa Larkin said sounds perfick.”

Think my best meal was at Lanark loch ,had a nice breakfast with a few friends who wouldn’t let me pay,yeah,aye,very enjoyable?????????

The laird;n1138 said:
Think my best meal was at Lanark loch ,had a nice breakfast with a few friends who wouldn’t let me pay,yeah,aye,very enjoyable?????????

One of my best breakfasts was in your MH Gordon!

The laird;n1138 said:

Ouch I’ve started saving for next year:Money_Bag::Money_Bag::Money_Bag:

Won’t cost anything like it again if I’ve got ought to do wi it mate,gonna talk to them and the inn to try n strike up a deal for us .
Hows the family mate?
had a great night doo at Dunbar .

The laird;n1167 said:
Won’t cost anything like it again if I’ve got ought to do wi it mate,gonna talk to them and the inn to try n strike up a deal for us .
Hows the family mate?
had a great night doo at Dunbar .

It’s all good here I’m no gonna get away in van till after the wedding now I’m of to the sun for a week charge batteries end Nov. I like Dunbar too last time I was down they were having a summer fate fair thing

Wully;n1174 said:
It’s all good here I’m no gonna get away in van till after the wedding now I’m of to the sun for a week charge batteries end Nov. I like Dunbar too last time I was down they were having a summer fate fair thing

The lifeboat came into harbour and the coxswain was oot this world mate!.only bummer was fireworks early hours and the mutt went daft but I got Fiona calmed down oops mistake there.sunday listened to the forces bands marching through the town brilliant!

For me it has to be fish and chips or a good old Full English breakfast!!!

*****;n516 said:
I thought I posted this earlier, so it may be somewhere else. We eat in the van as we do at home, in other words we eat well.
I do like to get the Cadac out, plug it into the BBQ point and cook a morning fry up, or a mid afternoon full meal. It has a double whammy as apart from cooking good food, it gets the frogs noses twitching! lol!

which cadac would you recommend please? not sure which one to buy

Sharon the Cat;n915 said:
Dinner out of the Percy Pot (hay box cooker). Preferably something like a pheasant stew 'cos the meat will have been free. That first night's meal at the start of a trip is usually the best with a fantastic sense of escape & freedom on the side............................... and a glass of wine too. :Beer:

I am not very good with my one....tips please x

we need imoges we can press on peoples comments next to the like button please. We (or should I say I cook) more or less the same as at home. Good home cooked meals from fresh ingredients. Oh, gotta love tinned delphinoir (can't spell that) potatoes from France. Sounds minging, but they really are pretty good fried off with a nice piece of salmon and some salad.

Robmac;n782 said:
Not forgetting of course that a great part of the joy of motorhoming is visiting different places and finding the best Fish and Chips.

The other week I was in Scarborough and went in Mother Hubbard's fish and chip restraunt opposite Wetherspoons. Without doubt the best I have had in a long time.

nicknmike;n1524 said:
we need imoges we can press on peoples comments next to the like button please. We (or should I say I cook) more or less the same as at home. Good home cooked meals from fresh ingredients. Oh, gotta love tinned delphinoir (can't spell that) potatoes from France. Sounds minging, but they really are pretty good fried off with a nice piece of salmon and some salad.

Now, I've heard that the new 'Idahoan' range of instant mash in Tesco is very nice. They do different flavours, such as Garlic, cheese etc. I've bought some to try (original flavour).

I'm not usually that keen on instant mash, although I have used Smash when tent camping, but I'll give it a go.

Rn1540 said:
Now, I've heard that the new 'Idahoan' range of instant mash in Tesco is very nice. They do different flavours, such as Garlic, cheese etc. I've bought some to try (original flavour).

I'm not usually that keen on instant mash, although I have used Smash when tent camping, but I'll give it a go.

ahh....we tried instant mash and it was shite!!! added butter, salt, cream and it was still shite!! HOWEVER, frozen mash is amazing!!!! I often make say a shepherds pie bottome, place the frozen mash on top, dot with butter, sprinkle with salt and bake, you would never know the difference. If no oven, you can fry it once defrosted in a bit of butter, yum! (no need for an expensive make, everyone I have tried has been good).

I like buying from local butchers in small towns wherever we may have landed, steak burgers with salad. yum yum is a favourite of ours.

nicknmike;n1553 said:
ahh....we tried instant mash and it was shite!!! added butter, salt, cream and it was still shite!! HOWEVER, frozen mash is amazing!!!! I often make say a shepherds pie bottome, place the frozen mash on top, dot with butter, sprinkle with salt and bake, you would never know the difference. If no oven, you can fry it once defrosted in a bit of butter, yum! (no need for an expensive make, everyone I have tried has been good).

Yeah, we use the frozen one too. Very good.

I'm gonna try the Idahoan one though, as a couple of people reckon it's pretty good. Of course, they probably haven't got my breeding and taste! :Zipper:

*****;n1559 said:
We use the Cadac Safari Chef and get gas through a BBQ point. The larger one would be better but they are BIG!

ah, we had narrowed it down to the safari chef 2 or the grill o chef. Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back