Favourite Motorhome meal

One of my favourites was Rabbit stew cooked over the campfire a favourite with a few of my fellow campers and a few others too sqeamish to try it though calling it bunny stew didn't help lol.

Campervanannie;n1655 said:
One of my favourites was Rabbit stew cooked over the campfire a favourite with a few of my fellow campers and a few others too sqeamish to try it though calling it bunny stew didn't help lol.

That's the stuff Annie.

The more Thumper the better!

We also use the Cadac. Fried cubed potatoes, salmon steak, wilted spinach served with fromage frais all cooked in the non-stick paella pan. Oh and a bottle of chilled chablis....bliss!

Campervanannie;n1655 said:

Pity we didn't get to try your Rabbit stew Annie ?

Jeanette;n1700 said:
Pity we didn't get to try your Rabbit stew Annie ?

Flipping delish if I do say so myself .

Last edited:
Those pork or turkey kebabs sold in French supermarkets with veg roasted directly on the barbecue grill (courgette, pepper, tomato and onion wedges).

*****;n1618 said:
One thing you do need is a windbreak to stop the flame blowing out.
We carry two tables, one for cooking off and I have a 3 sided thin ply wind break to go around the Cadac.
The windbreak does not have metal piano hinges. I have drilled holes, top and bottom of each side and use a few cable ties, fitted permanently as hinges. Works well!
And cost me nothing as made from some crap in the garage. The wood was the back of a cheap wardrobe!

ahhh thanks for that. If you need a wind break with a cadac, maybe I should just carry my gas ring which we use here in spain to cook paella on....you can put different size pans on it.

Nice thick pork chops from either a farm shop or butcher, not your slimey supermarket s++te. in a frying pan.
New spuds with carrots and fresh runner beans in the steamer. Not forgeting the onion gravy.
Oh and of coarse a couple bottles of "rattler" cider

One of our best ever was a mussels in white wine sauce starter with a nice steak and salad main and a lovely bottle of red (or two). OH loves cooking in the van - I'm happy to let him :D

Not really into overcooking when we are away. We prefer something either quick or instant! ;-) Seriously though, we are away to have fun and not to cook, so simple food is great or eating out. I was asked by a friend if we did the full roast on a Sunday as we have the full cooker. I told him we don't even do that at home!

Rumour;n1896 said:
Not really into overcooking when we are away. We prefer something either quick or instant! ;-) Seriously though, we are away to have fun and not to cook, so simple food is great or eating out. I was asked by a friend if we did the full roast on a Sunday as we have the full cooker. I told him we don't even do that at home!

I do a full Sunday roast in my van but this is the first van I have owned with a full oven I'm sure the novelty will wear of soon lol

Robmac;n1703 said:
It was blimmin lovely if that's any help Jeanette!

Aww thanks a lot you two that's a big help!!!! (Not)!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back